Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
To locals, this may read as some kind of promotion for the regional grocery store, Giant Eagle, affectionately called “Giant Iggle” by Yinzers. However, keep your eyes on the skies, one of the National Aviary’s giant eagles, a Steller sea eagle to be exact, has escaped its enclosure and is roaming the area.
The bird is a “trooper” and no threat to pets or humans, but if you see Kodiak, call the National Aviary and do not approach.
We’re hoping for a safe return for this beloved bird, but if you’re hoping to spread your wings, check out these opportunities below.
Data from the Pittsburgh Technology Council revealed that tech employers are responsible for over 300,000 jobs in the region.
Take a look at the past, using tech from the present. Google Arts & Culture unveiled a new platform where Pittsburghers can explore the area’s history through a digital interactive archive.
Hazelwood Green played host to the US-EU Trade and Technology Council’s inaugural meeting on data privacy and climate tech.
- PNC Financial Services is hiring for a variety of roles, including Software Services Manager, Software Developer (Java), Security Lead, Data Engineer, and Lead Software Developer.
- Bring RIM software to the MedTech industry with Rimsys. The team is looking for a Technical Support Engineer.
- Mayvue Solutions is seeking a Software Engineer and Software Development Manager.
- Enter into the world of Machine Learning. Carnegie Mellon University is looking for a Research Administrator for its Machine Learning Department.
- Vector Security is searching for a Software Applications Developer.
- Jump in the driver’s seat at Aurora as a Logistics Specialist.
- Pyramid Consulting Group has an immediate need for an IT Project Manager.
- Join Lending Home in its mission to demystify real estate. The startup is seeking a Funding Specialist.
- Datto is hiring a Staff DevOps Database Engineer.
- Join Project New Social’s mission to create responsible software. The company is looking for a Director of Security.
- Patron Technology is hiring a Full Stack Developer.
- Enter the world of automation with CyberCoders. The team is looking for a Software Architect.
The Remote Jobs
- Crossbeam is hiring a Site Reliability Engineer.
- The team at cloudtamer.io is searching for a DevOps Engineer and a QA Automation Engineer.
- Linode is seeking a Director of Project Management.
Stay eagle-eyed, and we’ll see you back here next week.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.