Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Ariana Grande is engaged again, this time after dating her real estate agent fiancé for almost an entire year. If that doesn’t fill you with the hope and promise of a better new year, then — oh, what’s that? It doesn’t? This news means nothing to you? Ah, OK.
Well, there’s plenty to be hopeful about, whether it’s the love life of pop music’s grandest ponytail, Santa getting a COVID-19 vaccination from Dr. Anthony Fauci himself, or the fact that in nine days, 2020 will be over forever. And, yes, we know that the end of 2020 doesn’t mean a hard stop on all the problems it introduced, but we can dream, can’t we?
Speaking of which, we will be dreaming (aka napping) from now until Jan 4, so this is our last edition of TWIJ 2020. We thank you for sticking with us on the job hunt this year, despite all of the disappointments, the stress, and the working with pets in your lap and kids in your face. We hope that for all of the hard times, there were enough good ones to balance it all out. We appreciate you and your never-ending hustle.
Now onto the job hunting goods for one last time in this absolutely insane year of madness and mad hattery!
COVID vaccines are all the rage right now and Blue Bell-based Pinnacle 21 has been doing its part to keep the process moving. Principal software engineer Bob Ganski shares how the company’s SaaS platform has modernized the data standardization process to get meds and devices into the hands of patients faster.
Speaking of COVID (aren’t we always?), did you know that goPuff now delivers COVID tests straight to your abode? And here’s another little snack for ya: Its corporate Philly offices are hiring technologists.
In a bold effort to increase tech skills and build more resilient, sustainable careers for 5,000 Philadelphians, the Philadelphia Skills Forward Initiative kicks off this January of 2021. Interested individuals can reach out to Graduate! Philadelphia and Philadelphia Works for more information.
- Interactive gaming company Penn Interactive is looking for some serious senior-level, game-loving talent:
- Pinnacle 21, of “The News” fame just above, is hiring up, as well:
- ERP software company Deacom seeks, well, a little bit of everything:
- Woman-founded Group K Diagnostics is on the prowl for a Research Engineer with “1-2 years experience working on the chemical based device development in research settings and transition to manufacturing for diagnostics devices”… which we totally have but, uh, we’ll give someone else the chance to go after this one. Just to be generous.
- The three newest gigs at Navy Yard-based URBN are:
- Early-stage software startup Thrive Commerce is looking for a Product Manager.
- The Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission seeks a Data Specialist.
- Nerdwise seeks a Remote Campaign Specialist (aka Associate Account Manager) to ensure world-class customer experiences. Does that mean you have to wear a tux for Zoom meetings? Tuxedos have always felt very worldly and classy. Hey, it’s your call (pun intended).
- Custom software development consultancy Callibrity is hiring a Remote Senior Java Software Developer Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH).
- CodersClan builds “beautiful digital experiences” and wants YOU to be its Remote Team Leader. Well, you know, the general “you,” because they don’t know the specific you yet. Sorry. Sometimes we lose steam when we get to the end of these.
Have an amazing holiday break, friends (if you get one, hopefully)! And just so you don’t have FOMO about what we’re doing during the time off, we weren’t kidding about those naps.
We wish you safety, good health and, as always, happy job hunting this holiday season. See you in 2021!