Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Been there, done that
Late last week, the streaming service HBO Max accidentally sent a test email to its mailing list. The company tweeted an apology and, in response to a flurry of jokes, confirmed it was an intern who caused the mix-up.
We mistakenly sent out an empty test email to a portion of our HBO Max mailing list this evening. We apologize for the inconvenience, and as the jokes pile in, yes, it was the intern. No, really. And we’re helping them through it. ❤️
— HBOMaxHelp (@HBOMaxHelp) June 18, 2021
Twitter users started sharing their own career mistakes, starting off each post with “Dear intern.” There were unfortunate typos. Inside jokes shared with the entire company. Budgetary mishaps. Words of wisdom. It was one of those nice occurrences when the internet gets together to have a real human moment: Admit we all mess up, make a few jokes and keep moving forward.
We’ve all had those days and, no matter where you are in your career and where you want to be, it’s nice to grant yourself a bit of grace. A professional journey is a human one, so there will be ups and downs, mistakes and wins. And TWIJ will always be waiting here for you in your inbox.
This Friday, Technical.ly and our sister site Generocity are hosting a live chat about the real-life impact of company’s diversity and inclusion pledges. You can keep track of the conversation or join in real-time via Slack from 12 to 1 p.m.
Ahead of Juneteenth, which fell on this past Saturday, reporter Paige Gross spoke with people ops consultant Jai Calloway about how companies can make DEI pledges impactful year-round and support employees of color.
- Go places with destination org maven Tempest:
- Linode is building a kingdom in the cloud(s). The company seeks:
- Seeking high-growth? Crossbeam has a spot for you:
- Cash in on your next great career opportunity at Perpay:
- Show off your skills at Macquarie:
- Teaching the next gen of tech? No biggie. SCH Academy seeks a New Media Teacher.
- Graphic design firm Penji is looking for a Customer Support Representative.
- Pay your bills as a Senior Linux Systems Engineer for PGW.
- Tridiuum needs a UX Designer for its behavioral health assessment platform.
Make no mistake: WFH has some serious pros. Check out these fully remote opportunities:
- Full-Stack Software Engineer at Oncora
- Software Engineer Distributed Systems Big Data 100 at Nira
When you mess up, be nice to yourself! See ya next week.