Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Forget about suits and ties. Now, it’s more like sweatpants and slides — at least on the Senate floor.
Last week, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer quietly retired the chamber’s informal dress code rules, allowing Senate members to vote and appear on the floor in the outfits of their choosing.
In a time when many remote employees are being asked to return to the office, this could signal a larger trend in the workplace. Could casual Fridays transform into “Formal Fridays?”
Suit up (or sweatpants up) for this week’s opportunities.
In-office work is back on the rise. Here’s how Philly-based fintech company Perpay is creating an office experience employees will embrace.
While most investors don’t attempt to put valuations on early-stage companies (when valuation is harder to predict), Inspiration Ventures prefers it over a SAFE or convertible note. Learn more in this guest post from law firm Ballard Spahr.
Happy Hispanic Heritage Month! Here’s how Pittsburgh-based startup booster Ascender is supporting Latinx founders.
Text me, maybe? Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro joins the SMS messaging system Community to communicate with constituents.
What do you get when you combine the power of data with maps? An associate professor of spatial sciences explains the impact of geospatial intelligence.
Will AI really impact your job? This is what global artificial intelligence consulting leaders think.
- Love Technical.ly? Wanna work with us? We’re seeking a Business Development Manager and a Social Media Engagement Manager.
- AI and ocean commerce company Nautilus Labs is hiring a Staff Software Engineer.
- Agriculture sustainability and technology company Indigo is looking for a Director, Product Management – Demand Portfolio.
- Digital therapy company Kaia Health is searching for a Client Enablement Manager.
Philly + Delaware
- Smile! Dental care platform Kleer is hiring an Enterprise Customer Implementation Specialist.
- Bank on a career in finance. Vanguard is on the lookout for an Application Engineer Tech Lead; AWS, Python.
- Wawa is seeking a Senior Software Engineer and SAP Architect.
- Career opportunities are in store at CubeSmart. The team is searching for a Cloud Systems Engineer and Senior Application Developer.
DC + Baltimore
- Impact-focused digital services integrator Fearless is hiring an Engineering Technical Lead and Software Engineer II/III.
- Nonprofit human development organization FHI 360 is searching for a Business Data Analyst.
- Political consulting firm DSPolitical is looking for a Full Stack Engineer II.
- George Washington University’s Information Technology team is seeking a Tech Support Associate for the Tech Support Center.
- The physics department at Carnegie Mellon University is looking for an Electronics Engineer.
- Customized robotics solutions company Carnegie Robotics is hiring a Software Engineer.
- Autonomous vehicle company Motional is searching for a Principal Team Lead – Controls Embedded Software.
- IAM Robotics is seeking a Manager, Robot Software.
Keep it casual! Or formal, it’s up to you. Catch you back here next week.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.