(Image via Technical.ly)
Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge” — here at Technical.ly HQ). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published on the site; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
We’re far from the shallows now
Good morning, friends! We hope you’re sitting down, because this week we’ve got a lineup of jobs and events more electrifying than a Bradley Cooper/Lady Gaga duet.
Oh yeah. It’s that good.
Comcast Labs Connect is kicking off its annual conference series with a call for pitches to speak at its first event on the roster, Security by the Schuykill on April 16. Anyone with data privacy and security expertise wanting to apply — you have until next Tuesday, March 12.
Setting the bar for Philly’s biggest tech acquisition ever, Spark Therapeutics was just bought out for a whopping $4.8 billion by Seattle-based biotech giant, Roche. Roche plans to continue working out of Spark’s 3711 Market St. location as a standalone company, so keep your eye on its career page for first dibs on new opps.
In Baltimore, Contrast Security — which builds self-protecting software applications — raised $65 million in Series D funding to further develop its products and grow its customer success team. No need to wait on a trip to its jobs page, the current list is already poppin’.
Software Engineer Radha De walked us through a day in her life as a member of The Washington Post‘s tech team. See why the legacy newspaper was ranked eighth on Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies” list in 2018. We don’t want to ruin the surprise but it might have to do with its revolutionary publishing platform, Arc Publishing. Oh. Shoot. We just ruined it. But it’s still worth reading for what we would call a massive job openings situation.
Alright now, everyone, prepare to take in this breathtaking array of opportunity. Let it sing to you, in the achingingly powerful way Gaga sings to Bradley. Sit beside it at a piano bench, close your eyes and breathe in the moment.
Or, whatever, just take a look.
- Vistar Media is hiring a Software Engineer
- Odessa seeks a Pre-Sales Business Analyst
- IntegriChain is looking for a Senior Analyst
- Deacom seeks a Web Developer
- Azavea is hiring an Operations Engineer
- 14 West is on the hunt for a Jr. Project Manager/Business Analyst
- Terbium Labs is hiring an Enterprise Account Executive
- Asymmetrik seeks a Full-Stack Developer
- Catalyte is looking for a Marketing Manager
- The Washington Post has put out an APB for two jobs: a Senior Software Engineer and a Product Manager
- Upside is hiring a Full-Stack Engineer
- LawIQ is looking for an Energy Research Analyst
- Marriott wants to find a Senior Software Engineer
- CSC seeks a Data & Reporting Analyst
- Chatham Financial is hiring a User Experience Designer and a Junior Full-Stack Software Developer
- Capital One is on the prowl for a Manager, Software Engineering and a Full-Stack Developer
“Want to be one of the first to know when a new position is posted that matches what you are looking for? Set up preferences or save a search on company job boards so that the site will email when a position is posted. This will allow you be one of the first applicants, increasing your chances of being considered for the role.”
— TPX Talent Acquisition team at Comcast
Pull the trigger on that new order of business cards because it’s networking season, tiger. Get ready to sing your own praises (not unlike Gaga and Brad singing their hearts out!).
- Calling all Technical.ly Members! Our quarterly members-only happy hour, hosted in our Philly office, is happening next Tuesday, March 12, from 6 to 8 p.m. Don’t miss our new Production Manager Sam Markowitz mixing up the cocktails. RSVP HERE — but you gotta become a member first.
- Be sure to put Philly Tech Week 2019 presented by Comcast on your calendar for May 3 to 11. While you’re at it, get up to speed on PTW’s popular Dev Conference.
Across the Mid-Atlantic:
After a successful kickoff event in Philly, NET/WORK — our Super Bowl of career fairs — is making its way to a city near you.
- NET/WORK Baltimore is happening March 14 at Thumel Business Center of the University of Baltimore. To RSVP, click here.
- NET/WORK Delaware will take place March 20 at CSC. To RSVP, click here.
- NET/WORK DC will happen on March 27 at Alley powered by Verizon. To RSVP, click here
Well folks, since can’t think of any more work-appropriate jokes about Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper, it is now time that we bid you adieu.
Until next week, happy job hunting!-30-
This Week in Jobs: Like Disney World for tech lovers
This Week in Jobs: Get pumped for a new J.O.B. while bingeing on GoT
This Week in Jobs: You’d be a ‘fool’ to miss out on these new tech jobs
Why Deacom’s team prioritizes collaboration and continuous improvement
This Week in Jobs: Recognition for women in tech, jobs for all
This Week in Jobs: The Blockbuster of career newsletters
All of your employees are brand ambassadors. Yup, even the unhappy ones
Engineers have Vistar Media’s Philly office all to themselves
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia