Posted on January 10, 2019
Annapolis Junction, MD
If acronyms like MEAN, ELK, and LAMP mean anything to you (other than grumpy woodland light sources), this is probably right up your alley!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build and maintain production Web applications deployed to cloud infrastructures
- Design and implement functionality that spans from storage to middleware to browser
- Develop streaming and batch data analytics and large-scale data storage and retrieval systems
- Create interactive Web-based user interface components and data visualizations
- Work closely with customers and teammates to rapidly build, test, and deploy new capabilities
TASKS YOU MIGHT WORK ON:
- Develop a new section in our Angular.io Web app that allows you to run a full text search against data stored in our AWS-hosted Elasticsearch cluster
- Stand up an instance of Zeppelin for an Apache Spark cluster on AWS and write a Spark analytic that summarizes event data stored in AWS S3 and writes the results to Elasticsearch
- Write a D3 calendar heatmap Angular directive for visualizing event activity patterns over time
WHY WE SHOULD TALK:
- You love technology (eg. MEAN, LAMP, Elastic Stack, Spark, Storm, Cassandra, Hadoop, AWS, and more)
- You’re tired of refactoring someone else’s code built on ancient technology
- You want to work in a lively yet laid-back environment full of people who love learning
- You’re tired of being bored at work; and you remember when coding used to be fun
- You want to build stuff people actually use
- Because tabs > spaces. Because spaces > tabs. ugh, nevermind… O_o
- You’re a U.S. Citizen and want to obtain a high-level security clearance
Like all aspects of building large-scale Web applications from storage to middleware to front-end? We need to talk.
Asymmetrik is a high-end technology and analytics firm whose agile methodology enables maximum impact by tackling big problems with small teams.
Asymmetrik is proud to be different, both in the elite engineers we hire and the work we take on. We’re a diverse group of smart people who love craft beer, fine coffee, cycling, hiking, climbing, learning, art, travel, technology, and so much more. We are employee-owned, and don’t answer to shareholders. Because of this, we’re able to support our employees in achieving a high quality of life—providing best-in-class benefits and compensation, a strong work/life balance, a creative team (with no egotism), and interesting work that differs from the norm.
Apply for this job Mention you found this work on Technical.ly!