Editor’s Note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ (“twidge”) here at Technical.ly HQ). Below is this week’s edition. (Here’s the last one we published on the site (it’s meant to live in your inbox).)
Thanks! — @zackseward
How ’bout that weather, huh?
When the rain falls so hard it turns the mall into a slip and slide, it’s a good week to slow down, cancel after-work plans and cuddle up with your favorite tech jobs newsletter.* At least until your basement no longer doubles as a water park.
*We meant this one. In case that wasn’t clear. 🙂
Daniel Hunter shared his journey from music biz professional to self-made software engineer. Now sittin’ pretty (literally, look at this smile) as a front-end engineer at Blackfynn — a platform improving treatments for neurological diseases — Hunter offered a heartfelt guide for career changers, especially technologists of color, paving a new path into tech. Take a look around the Blackfynn mission that fuels Hunter’s smile, and apply here.
Data Imprint founder Rosa Torres created a compelling dataviz to tell the story of where migrant children are crossing the border into America. Her hope was that an interactive graphic would allow people to evaluate the migrant crisis from different dimensions and challenge preconceived notions about how and why children flee to the U.S. Wanna learn more about what she does? Connect with Torres here.
Brace yourselves, job seekers. Tuesday, Sept. 25, Super Meetup Philly will rock your job-hunting world. It’s the Sharknado of meetups — just a tornado of networking and free beer. But shark-free. And probably no Ian Ziering, but you never know. It’s a Super Meetup. Anything can happen. Register here.
Managers, you’ve been beckoned:
- Blackfynn is looking for an Engineering Manager with the skills to build the software, and manage the building of the software. Someone who can drive the car, but doesn’t turn into a backseat driver when someone else is behind the wheel, you catch our drift?
- ShopRunner is hiring an Integration Manager who can get new merchants up, running and “feeling great” on the ShopRunner network. Sort of like a highly technical welcome wagon.
- The Science History Institute seeks a Web Content Manager to whip its website into shape, create content and maintain a stellar user experience.
Operations pros, you’re up:
- Cloud-hosting platform Linode is looking for a “battle-hardened infosec veteran” to be its new Information Security Engineer. Must crave the thrill of the bug hunt. But then, who doesn’t?
- Clean energy provider Inspire is hiring an Associate Product Manager. Option to work from it’s office in sunny Santa Monica included. Don’t forget, winter is coming.
- IntegriChain is looking for a Senior Business Analyst for its Customer Operations team. The company doesn’t just love it’s mission of getting meds into the hands of patients, it also loves standing and LaCroix fizzy water.
Technologists, the city of Baltimore is calling:
- Digital health company FX Well is hiring a Software Developer who thrives in a startup environment.
- Terbium Labs is looking for a Software Engineer to join it’s elite force in dark web data monitoring.
- SmartLogic seeks a Sales and Business Analyst eager to work in a low-stress, highly communicative, dog-friendly web and mobile product development consultancy. V. zen.
- Senior Analyst—Reporting and Analytics, Entercom
- Product Designer, Perpay
- Front-End Engineer, Inspire
- Technical Recruiter, Stevens Capital Management LP
- Support Engineer—Integrations, ShopRunner
As always, stay on top of daily job postings here. And remember what we learned this week: Don’t drive through floodwater. Cars don’t like to swim.
Happy job hunting! See you next week.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.