(Stock image via Peathegee Inc.)
Editor’s Note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ (“twidge”) here at Technical.ly HQ). Below is this week’s edition. (Here’s the last one we published on the site (it’s meant to live in your inbox).)
Thanks! — @zackseward
It’s about that time when “back to school” advertisers try to convince us that summer is already over. Well, excuse us, Old Navy, but last time we checked we had three full weeks left.
Don’t let the Macy’s of the world win. Summer harder in these remaining few weeks than you’ve ever summered before. Ride bikes, no-hands style. Play video games in your basement (or on the old-school Phillytron). Carelessly toss your wet swimsuit on the floor so that it’s damp and icky when you put it on the next day.
And then, after you’ve made your point, take a look below at what’s good on the tech jobs scene.
Fueled by peanut butter toast and a visit to the gym at 5 a.m. every morning, Senior Architect Manager Dennis Becton shares how he’s remained physically and figuratively pumped up to work at Vanguard for the last 25 years. Becton’s take on why he digs Vanguard’s agile and lean processes, emphasis on employee engagement and a focus on constantly building new features might just change everything you thought you knew about working at the investment firm. Check out the many technical opportunities here. Please note: waking up at 4:45 a.m. not required.
Thomas Charlton is a hard-charging CEO who just can’t quit Philly. Charlton recently relocated his third business, Goliath Technologies, from Conshohocken right into the heart of our City of Brotherly Love, citing talent as his biggest motivator. A now-even-closer tech company looking to recruit? Get on it.
And in side-hustle news we’ve only dreamed about, Red Queen Gaming is looking for devs who want to make some extra cash building gameplay tools for its online marketplace. Here’s the sitch: You create tools called “Runes.” Whenever your Rune is activated by a user, Red Queen pays you a royalty. Ready to live the dream? Click “play” here.
Marketing gurus, please stand up:
- Noticed — a digital commerce, optimization and marketing agency — is looking for a “diehard B2B marketer at heart” with 2–3 years experience to be its Agency Marketing Manager.
- Mobile content provider ReachMobi is hiring a Content Studio Leader who can guide a team of four, “get sh*t done” and is ready to control their own destiny. You know, like a serious professional who also takes their horoscope to heart.
- Stanley Black & Decker is looking for a Consumer Insights Lead to join its Infrastructure Innovation Team. Must be an independent doer ready to brainstorm, ideate, prototype and develop new disruptive technologies. In other words: not for nap-lovers.
Operations pros, these are for you:
- Drexel University Libraries is looking for an innovative leader to be its Manager, Library Integrated Technology Systems and serve a community of over 25,000. Six-inch voice not required, but appreciated.
- Clean energy subscription service Inspire is hiring a Senior Associate, Product Management. Do good for the environment, receive good in the form of dogs and cupcakes at the office.
- Fintech microlender Perpay is seeking a recent grad/rising star who isn’t scared off by activities like “cage match” cook-offs to be its next Operations Specialist.
Mid-Atlantic talent, try these on for size:
- 14 West is hiring an ERP Operations Specialist to work for Publishing Services, an Agora company, in Baltimore, Md.
- Wilmington-based CSC — voted a “Top Workplace” for 10 consecutive years — needs a Software Security Analyst.
- D.C. civtech firm Nava is hiring a DevOps Engineer who cares about improving our government.
- Information Security Engineer, Linode
- Full-Stack React Developers, Chariot Solutions
- Business Development Representative, Deacom
- Head of User Experience, Crossbeam
- Field Sales Channel Manager, Inspire
As always, there’s plenty more where these came from. Check out the full list, day or night, right here.
Thanks for joining us, good luck out there and see you next week!-30-
Meet these 47 companies hiring tech talent at NET/WORK Philly on Feb. 26
This Week in Jobs, Special Edition: College degree not required
Reclaiming the hiring process might be the new/old business model to sustain local news
Pitch to speak at Comcast Labs Connect’s data security conference
This Week in Jobs: Jobs as sweet as careless whispers
This Week in Jobs: Get “Fyred” up for these bad boys
This Week in Jobs: Winter is here, and so are some sweet gigs
How teamwork is setting the standard for data standardization at Pinnacle 21
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia