Put down the ramen, we’re looking to get more university students involved in the Baltimore tech community, so we’re offering free tickets to startup-minded students for the Business Conference’s Lunch&Learn: Workshop Your Business
The event is one of 50+ happening as part of Baltimore Innovation Week 2016 presented by 14 West from Sept. 23 to Oct. 1.
Use the code “BIW16student” to receive free tickets to the Lunch&Learn event happening on Thursday, Sept. 29. If you have a business idea, these hands-on, interactive workshops are a great place to start. You will learn how to refine your business plans with feedback that is specific to you. Oh, and our topics are dope af.
Here are the topics for #BIW16’s Lunch&Learn event:
- Business Law for Entrepreneurs with Jay Reilly, Saul Ewing
- Reilly will teach you all the legal stuff for starting a business. This includes contracts, equity and dealing with accountants and lawyers.
- Getting Your Business to 1.0 with Mark Chu, SmartLogic
- Push your biz to the limit with Chu, who will help find the shortest distance between your business idea and an MVP (minimum viable product).
- Protecting Your Business When Things Go Wrong with David Lanter, Temple University
- It’s 2016, so we all need security. Lanter will give cybersecurity tips and cover simple risk-management practices for startups and small business owners.
- Perfect Your Pitch with Stephen Auvil, TEDCO
- Auvil will provide you with your own specific feedback and help you gain a deeper understanding of the early stage investment landscape through venture capital, entrepreneurship and operational excellence.
- Identify potential investors, when you should approach them and what you need for effective, top-notch fundraising.
- TBA Topic with Richard May, Innovation Village
Please note: You must present a valid student ID when checking into this event. No admission will be granted without it.