Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Like those pesky lanternflies, the summer is just flying by. Take advantage of this time when the weather is hot and days are long to check some more items off of your summer to-do list.
Pop-up beer garden? A weekend trip (or more) down the shore? Chasing after the ice cream track? A rooftop sunset? Whatever your heart desires, the time is now to take the plunge into some summer fun.
And if you’re in the “Fall is elite” camp, we hear you, and it will be the season of sweaters and spooky nights before you know it. Rain or shine, snow or not, TWIJ will be here with the latest on tech happenings and job openings.
Summer isn’t the only thing coming to an end. Technical.ly is all about exploring how companies build culture and, to double down on building a community of tech thinkers, we are shutting down our private Slack channel for internal communication. Now, we have that much more time to focus on the public Slack we’ve maintained since 2015. Join 3,000+ other users here!
Want to try “yinz” out for a try? Technica.ly recently expanded to Pittsburgh and is now reporting on the city’s latest tech moves, like its growing autonomous vehicle sector. Subscribe to the daily newsletter to stay on top of the latest trends at the other end of I-76.
Back on this side of the state, Temple University is training the next generation of tech specialists with its Professional Science Master’s in Geographic Information Systems (PSM in GIS) program.
- Take a walk on Vanguard’s tech side of things:
- Invest in your future at Macquarie, an international asset manager:
- Place your bets at Penn Interactive. The interactive gaming company is seeking an Associate Product Manager of the Barstool Sportsbook app and a Media Buyer Specialist.
- Get to organizing as the Virtual Events Production Coordinator for the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Seeking a change in environment? Drexel University’s Academy of Natural Sciences is hiring a Software Developer.
Turn that AC up and stay inside with these remote jobs:
- Ruby on Rails or Elixir Developer at SmartLogic
- Customer Success Specialist at IncentFit
- Full Stack Engineer at cloudtamer
Cheers to another week of TWIJ. See you next time!