Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Are you afraid of the dark?
For those of us who are horrified by horror, the weeks leading up to Halloween are far more terrorizing than the actual day itself.
Gory movie trailers popping up in the middle of lighthearted sitcoms like hands from a grave. The daily reminder that at any moment, a ghost child may be laying under the bed, ready to snatch your ankles. And Hulu’s callously frightening lineup of horror movies that scarred you as a child splayed across the landing page — say, for instance, and just pulling a name out of a hat here, “Child’s Play,” which you accidentally saw at age 6, ruining dolls (and redheads) and haunting your dreams well into your 30s.
Wait, what were we here to talk about again? Oh, right. Jobs. No terrifying surprise here, there’s plenty of job candy to fill your trick or treating bag. Let’s dive in.
It’s Software Development Month here at Technical.ly and we want to know what kind of projects you’re brewing up this October. Our eyes are peeled for interesting features on local companies’ tech stacks, upskilling trends, technical side projects, coding bootcamps and the like. If you’ve got some goods to share, bring it on.
We’re still looking for MVPs of the local tech scene for RealLIST Engineers. If you know a technologist in Philly, Baltimore or Pittsburgh solving important problems and creating positive change through code, send them our way. Voting is open until Oct. 15.
- The artisans of ERP software at Deacom can’t live without a couple of cool cats and kittens consultants:
- Macquarie is the global asset management firm with a local office that is all Philly. Of course, after we wrote that we realized this job is out of the NYC office — but in the age of COVID, it never hurts to ask about a remote option. Or move to NYC. But we’ll miss you.
- Fintech startup Perpay is postin’ jobs and takin’ names. Seriously, send them your name.
- The home exterior remodeling extraordinaires at Power Home Remodeling are on the prowl for a couple builder types:
- Nividous seeks a Content Writer with experience in techno-commercial content for progressive technologies. Gotta love a company that knows exactly what it wants.
- Love looking at stratus clouds? This post has nothing to do with that. But you can work at STRATIS IoT, a company that’s number one employee responsibility is to “love what you do.”
- HealthLumen seeks a Remote Python C Developer (London, UK).
- Crisp is looking for a Remote iOS Developer.
- Fulton Bank is hiring an IT Sr Data Engineer Delivery.
You may not be afraid of no ghosts, but it’s OK to be afraid of the dark. And writing cover letters. And, also, interviewing for new jobs.
The great news is, TWIJ is always here to help. The bad news: We still have 24 days until the horror of Halloween marketing is over.