Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
For when you’re sick and tired of being sick and tired
Being mildly under the weather used to be so simple. A cough here, a nostril full of mucus there. You slogged around the house for a week, blowing your nose and rewatching “Game of Thrones” under the influence of NyQuil, until the symptoms dried up and you were back to sampling food off friends’ forks at brunch and swapping spit with your new boo.
Being under the weather during a pandemic presents an entirely new level of stress. Is it a head cold or a one-way ticket to self-quarantining in your basement?
Since you’re busy overthinking everything at all times these days, try and cut yourself some slack on the job interview front. The jig is up on being perfect, as we’re all wearing sweatpants under our Zoom shirts, so be yourself, admit that watching “Star Trek” as a child is why you picked a career in tech, and relate to hiring managers on a human level.
Here’s the latest news and a handful of jobs on which to try out this new approach.
Extra, extra: Technical.ly DC is hiring a new reporter. If you’ve got your finger on the pulse of who, what, where and when things are going down on D.C.’s tech scene, let us know. Contact info in the link.
Looking for ways to make a real impact on diversity and inclusion in tech? Hopeworks Camden could write the book on “doing the work.” Learn how the tech education nonprofit supports, trains and pays Camden’s trauma-affected youth to build sustainable tech careers.
And because we all secretly want to know (and should know, for negotiation purposes) how much everyone else is making, here’s a look at the salaries of Philly’s most common tech roles.
“It takes two to make a thing go right …”
- Yours truly, Technically Media, is hiring a Product Director and an Editorial Director to grow the Technically brand and its community of “100,000 professionals and dozens of the fastest-growing tech and product teams across the mid-Atlantic.” (Yeah, we said it!)
- Deacom just added two new gigs to its list:
- Azavea is on the prowl for a new Chief Operating Officer, and also seeks a whip smart User Experience Designer.
- Meanwhile, Pinnacle 21 is on the lookout for a Customer Success Manager and a DevOps Engineer.
- Penn Interactive is building up its Barstool Sportsbook app team with these two new roles:
- Vanguard has a whopping 10 open roles, including these babies:
- Axios is hiring two REMOTE gigs: Data Engineer and a Senior React Native Engineer (Mobile)
“All the single ladies, all the single ladies …” (or people! We didn’t write it, Beyoncé did).
- Haverford College seeks a Digital Arts and Sculpture Technician.
- Springboard Collaborative is hiring a Customer Support Coordinator.
- Think Company is looking for a UX Engineer.
- Restless Labs (too many pun opportunities …) seeks a REMOTE Quality Assurance Analyst/Engineer.
Thanks for joining us this week as we all make our way through this dreary February. Keep those chins up and your noses as mucus-free as you can. And don’t forget to be yourself. Because, you’re great. And because trying to be like anyone else is for non-pandemic times. Way too much effort.
Happy job hunting, friends.