Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Earn Your Stripes
You can never be too prepared, whether it’s for work or just life in general.
That goes doubly for … seeing a zebra. Yes, that’s right. A few Marlboro residents recently spotted three zebras that escaped from a private game farm casually roaming around a suburban area.
This serves as a reminder to always be prepared for anything. Though I can’t imagine you’ll have any zebras interrupting your next job interview.
The Baltimore Development Corporation recently developed a plan for the city’s economic future, and it wants your feedback by the end of the month.
Check out some our roundup of tech education programs for children in D.C., Maryland, and Virginia … and of local edtech companies in shaping the future of learning.
A former armory is now Towson University’s entrepreneurship hub — and it’s not just for students.
Mega Money Moves: Arcadia and ID.me both raised $100 million rounds last week.
Technical.ly wants your feedback: Take our community survey to help us better meet your local tech info needs. As thanks, we’re picking a handful of survey takers to win a $50 gift card or a signed copy of Guy Raz’s book, “How I Built This.”
- Arcadia is hiring a Full Stack Engineer.
- Interested in using software to help public affairs professionals? Join Quorum as a Senior Software Engineer.
- Ready to take on a leadership role? Pie Insurance is searching for a Director of Engineering.
- cloudtamer.io is searching for a QA Automation Engineer.
- Donut is looking to hire a Software Engineer.
- Amalgam Rx is on the lookout for a Lead Engineer.
- Fraym is searching for a Data Scientist.
- U.Group is hiring a Drupal Developer.
- Capital One is seeking to hire a Backend Software Engineer.
- Clean energy tech company Inspire is bringing on a Senior Data Engineer.
- STRATIS is searching for a Resolution Engineer.
- KickUp needs a Full Stack Software Engineer.
- Crossbeam is hiring a Senior Front End Engineer.
I’ll see you and our striped friends soon.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.