Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Look into the Fur-ture
Let’s start with a quote: “I recently found out that I could read animals.”
That’s from self-proclaimed “pet finder” Nancy Mello — described “psychic,” “medium,” or “clairvoyant” who reportedly helped D.C. resident Jennifer Carl find her 19-pound(!) pet cat, Willow, after he was stolen along with her car at a gas station alongside the New Jersey Turnpike.
Here’s hoping mystical forces help push you toward your career destiny this week.
Technical.ly is inviting you to join Culture Builder, a new curated weekly newsletter focused on growing powerful teams and dynamic workplace cultures. We’ll share our reporting and resources from around the world on real tips, advice and insight into how workplaces can be more effective, productive and happy.
Who is an “investor?” How is that image and identity changing? Do you need to be familiar with stonks? Pam Kostka, CEO of All Raise, and investor, entrepreneur and diversity advocate Tracy Chou, joined the latest episode of Off the Sidelines, Technical.ly’s investor education podcast.
Everything old is new again: Los Angeles-based Jurny will integrate its tech and management services to operate Baltimore’s legendary Hotel Brexton. Built in 1881, the 25-unit boutique hotel has incorporated Jurny tools for contactless guest experiences.
- The Brand Guild — cloaks and secret passwords not required — is hiring a Digital Marketing Coordinator.
- ECS is seeking an Application Developer.
- Twitter is looking for a Software Engineer (Back-End) — Performance Ads. Bonus points if you can fit your cover letter into 280 characters; better yet, 140.
- The Washington Post is hiring a Back-End Software Engineer.
- cloudtamer.io in Fulton is seeking a Channel Partner Manager — Federal
- CareFirst in Baltimore is looking for a Senior Executive Support Engineer.
- RocketDocs in Baltimore is hiring a Product Owner.
- Johns Hopkins University & Medicine, Development and Alumni Relations, is seeking an IT Senior Project Administrator.
- Storyblocks in Arlington is looking for a Senior Data Engineer.
- Storyblocks is also looking for a Platforms Engineer.
- IDS International in Arlington is hiring a Technical Writer.
- Restless Labs, a phrase that frankly seems to describe all labs, is seeking a Technical Consultant.
- Fulton Bank is looking for a Senior Data Science & Visualization Engineer.
- Github is hiring a Remote Senior Software Engineer, Marketing.
As the Post story points out, Mello the pet finder lives in, fittingly, Mystic, Connecticut.
Good luck out there on the job hunt, trust your intuitions, and stay safe!
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.