Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Alexa, play “I Can’t Stand the Rain” by Tina Turner
Not to refute Ms. Turner’s point, but isn’t it a relief when the sky opens up after walking around the city while the air feels like mud you can wade through?
Rain is a damper on some plans, though. What are the best ways to spend a night during a summer thunderstorm? Cuddled up in some blankets, watching a movie? A book, a lap cat and a cup of tea? Staring longingly out of the window, pretending you’re in a music video while your favorite breakup album rolling in the background?
There’s nothing to make a curious mind brood more than a dark, stormy night. Maybe the latest round of rainy evenings had you wondering about your career and where you’re headed. Luckily, TWIJ shows up rain or shine, and we’ve always broadcast a 100% chance for a light shower of need-to-know tech opportunities.
A year and a half into living and working at home, the startup NYCE is opening a coworking “hacker house” near Temple University’s main campus. TEMPLE I: The Tech Mansion will house 17 students. Its second iteration — which is expected to open in 2022 — will have room for 80. Get your shower flip flops ready!
Lack of broadband access for residents and businesses is a standing issue for the City of Philadelphia. Want to hear some solutions? Here’s a rundown of five tactics the city could use to benefit all of its residents.
Speaking of solutions, business leader Donavan West is launching his own Black Business Accelerator. He told Technical.ly his vision for the BBA’s structure and impact.
And The Queen is open and ready to reign. Reporter Holly Quinn chatted with GM Sam Blumin about the iconic Wilmington venue’s pandemic-time evolution, and plans for a reimagined future.
- Bit by the travel bug? Check out the jet-setting opps at Tempest, destination organization agency:
- Chart your skyrocketing career success at QuotaPath, a commission tracking app:
- Another forecast we’re sure of? You’ll do great things at Linode:
- Crossbeam is growing:
- The Springboard Collective is seeking a Director of IT.
- Wanna make a career coding for the good of our furry friends? Apply to be IndeVet’s UX Design Lead.
- B Lab also wants the help of one especially skilled UX Designer.
- Extra, extra! The Philadelphia Inquirer is hiring a Senior Front-End Software Engineer.
- Dev meets behavioral health at Tridiuum. The company’s engineering team is looking to add one Software Engineer.
Never want to talk about weather next to the water cooler, like ever again? #WFH:
- Senior Front-End Engineer at The Washington Post
- Senior Back-End Engineer at Axios
- Senior Node.js Software Engineer at Madwire
Have a good week!-30-