Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
When the Band Comes Marching In
The COVID-19 pandemic has forced many industries and organizations to shift to remote environments.
Thankfully, this has been a smooth transition for many people due to tech that allows us to communicate efficiently from home. But for other people, it hasn’t been so easy.
Maryland high school marching bands have had to rehearse through video chat over the course of the pandemic, which has heeded mixed results. Now, they’re able to practice in person just in time for competitions later this month.
This serves as a reminder to stay ready so you don’t have to get ready. Though outside forces may put a hitch in your upcoming interview (or in this case, band practice), it’s important to keep yourself prepared for when the time finally comes to execute.
Business advisory firm Aronson recently offered advice on navigating the intricacies of tax services for tech clients.
A recent report from the Greater Baltimore Committee and Towson University examined the impact of the pandemic on women in the workplace in the Baltimore region.
Companies in the D.C. area raised $1.3 billion in venture capital funding in the third quarter. Check out the top 10 deals.
- The American Red Cross is hiring a Data & Technology Advisor.
- FiscalNote is seeking to hire an Associate Solutions Engineer.
- Creative design company U.Group is bringing on a Data Engineer.
- Nava needs a Director of Engineering.
- 14 West is looking for a Network Engineer.
- cloudtamer.io is searching for a Full Stack Engineer.
- Media Tradecraft is on the lookout for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer.
- Appian is hiring a Lead Software Engineer.
- Dataminr is searching for a Cloud Security Engineer.
- Axios is bringing on a Frontend Engineer.
- Clean energy tech company Inspire needs a Senior Data Engineer.
- Software development firm Think Company is looking for a Senior Visual Designer.
- STRATIS is bringing on a Software Developer.
- Crossbeam is hiring a Front End Software Engineer.
We’ll chat again soon.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.