(Gif via Giphy.com)
Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Love is in the air
We’re approaching the first (and for the love of Beyoncé, please be the last) Valentine’s Day in quarantine. V Day is typically a chance for couples to slow down, smell the literal roses and focus on their partners.
Only, this year we haven’t been able to escape our partners. And that obnoxious tongue-slapping sound they make when they eat. Or their inability to do the dishes even though it was their turn and they promised (again). And what about that huge craft project that has taken over the dining room, rendering the table useless for dining purposes, and somehow the glue is everywhere and it smells and you hate it and — you, um, just need some time to yourself this year?
Maybe it’s best to just think about finding a job you love.
NET/WORK is back, baby, and more virtual than ever. Our NET/WORK 2021 job fair returns March 18, this time serving the entire mid-Atlantic region; check out which time slots will be focused around jobs in your city. Learn more and see which employers are slated to attend at the link.
Turns out, building the Barstool Sportsbook app is as cool as it sounds. Take it from Penn Interactive’s Scrum Master Lead, Britt Sikora Drake. She told us what it was like working at the digital gaming company and how she landed a prime role on the team (which is hiring).
Get ready to woo hiring managers for one of these sweet gigs.
- Love TWIJ? Aw shucks. Think you could write it? Reach out to email@example.com and make some professional advances.
- The Tactile Group is on the prowl for a nice MySQL Database Administrator/Programmer with a big heart and an even bigger aptitude for “designing, creating and managing data modeling and database schema in accordance with business requirements.”
- Sparks will fly between you and URBN’s bohemian-chic brand portfolio.
- Penn Mutual wants to know, which one of these jobs ignites your passion?
- Inspire loves protecting the planet with its energy saving products and services. Maybe it could learn to love you, too?
- RevZilla only has eyes for a Software Engineer III – Ruby. Start your engines!
- Rutgers University Foundation seeks a strong Digital Systems Specialist (30-40 hours per week)
- The University City Science Center is on the prowl for the right Data Analyst.
- STRATIS is on cloud nine over the thought of a Senior Embedded Developer.
- Vectorworks is hiring a remote Platform Engineer.
- Kibo Commerce seeks a remote Software Engineer.
- cloudtamer.io is on the hunt for a remote Senior Software Engineer.
Well, we’ve made enough romantic innuendos for one day. Hope we don’t get a call from HR.
Thanks for joining us this week. Happy job hunting, friends.
This Week in Jobs Philly: Let it snow, let it snow, make it stop
This Week in Jobs Philly: Don’t get sick over the job hunt
What kind of salaries do these common tech jobs fetch in Philly?
Tribaja and its Diversitech Summit are forming a ‘community’ of underrepresented technologists
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia