The Tactile Group is an award-winning software development agency that specializes in building custom applications, developing databases and data visualizations, and designing creative communications for a broad range of diverse clients. As a rapidly growing agency, we are seeking an experienced SQL Database Administrator/Programmer to join our team to work on new projects for up and coming clients as well as current leaders in business, government, and nonprofits across the globe.
Under the supervision of the Technical Lead, the MySQL Database Administrator/Programmer is responsible for technical and operational database administration for MySQL Server in Dev, Test and Production environments; works with the development team to design, implement, and monitor queries, standards, and procedures to ensure optimum application performance, scalability and reliability; works from written specifications and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and maintains documentation of process flow.
This position is open to US Citizens who are eligible for a high-risk public trust Federal government background investigation.
- Design, create and manage data modeling and database schema in accordance with business requirements
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Implement database backup and recovery
- Maintain existing stored procedures, and review and optimize SQL code
- Create database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- 3-5 years of experience as a MySQL Server database administrator and programmer with significant SQL Server production experience and/or Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
- Knowledge of high availability architecture including clustering, data replication to a multisite setup, transaction log shipping, database mirroring, replication, AlwaysOn, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of data backup, recovery, security and integrity strategies
- Solid experience with Performance Monitoring tools to find opportunities for optimization and improvement
- Experience with logical and physical database design
- Experience with SQL query development and working with developers in a web based environment
- Experience with SQL encryption technologies, powershell, third party monitoring tools
- Hands on knowledge of business intelligence and data visualization tools (Tableau, Amazon QuickSight, Power BI)
- Intuitive and analytical approach to problem solving
- Certifications a plus
- The ability to work and consult with colleagues as well as independently
- The ability to consult and communicate closely with supervisors and company management as well as with fellow team members
- The ability to collaborate with a distributed team whether working on-site or remotely
- The ability to manage one’s own time effectively
- The ability to be nice, even when having a crappy day.
- Familiarity with other databases (MS SQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Familiarity with cloud hosting environments such as AWS and Azure
About The Tactile Group
The Tactile Group is an AA/EOE committed to the development of an inclusive, multicultural community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ancestry, national origin, or age.
Tactile is a casual yet professional, creative, and highly productive group of self-motivated colleagues. Tactile offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including paid time off (sick/pto/holiday), health insurance (health/dental/vision), FSA account, 401K, and professional development opportunities. Apply Now