Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Something huge has interrupted society as we know it, and attention must be paid.
Therefore, if you have not yet watched “Love is Blind” on Netflix, we urge you to do so ASAP. It is the social experiment of the year — nay, decade — and if you don’t watch, you’ll be missing out on one of the ripest opportunities to judge 12 love-struck souls ignoring reality in desperation to wear a wedding ring.
This is our chance to join together as one, folks. How else will we get to the bottom of whether or not Cameron is a robot, programmed with 500+ deeply romantic one-liners, but unable to break eye contact, make jokes or stand like a normal human being? Just imagine, if we learn from Jessica’s wine-fueled attempts to steal another woman’s fiance, there’d be no limit to how many Marks we could save from heartbreak down the line.
Do it for Mark!
Today (Tuesday, March 24), Technical.ly is hosting a webinar on how to recruit for growth-stage tech companies during our current global crisis. The lunchtime convo, moderated by Technical.ly CEO Christopher Wink, kicks off at noon until 1 p.m. Don’t miss it!
Looking for work to help tide you over during the pandemic? Pennsauken-based Misfits Market is hiring 100 production associates to help the startup keep up with demand for its organic, imperfect fruits and vegetables subscription service. Hourly rates are up to $16 (from $13). Click the link to read more about the positions and how to apply. Bonus: Read to the end to discover the 100,000 positions Amazon plans to fill, as well.
And for anyone needing tips for embracing that tricky work-from-home lifestyle, here’s a few good pointers from Liz Borchert, cofounder of The Lunch Club 215.
These shops are still launching new positions by the day:
- Deacom, the ERP software extraordinaire in Chesterbrook is hiring up the wazoo. Here’s a few, but be sure to visit the entire list because, oh baby, it’s a good one.
- Love the environment? Got a thing for Thor? Wondering where we’re going with this? Check out Inspire, the smart home wind power subscription service, currently hiring:
- Guru, the tech platform that helps clients tap into their company’s collective knowledge, is experiencing mega growth right now. Here are three of its newest jobs for the taking:
- On its mission to reinvent the home remodeling industry, Power Home Remodeling seeks the following:
Some other gems on the market:
- Crossbeam is hiring a Sales Development Representative.
- Fulton Bank is on the lookout for a Lead Engineer — Data Science & Visualization.
- WizeHive seeks a Business Development Representative.
- American Friends Service Committee is looking for a Constituent Relations Management System Manager.
Remote gigs for the stay-at-home pet parents:
- Debunk.eu is hiring a Remote Senior PHP Developer.
- Radish Lab is on the prowl for a Remote WordPress Developer.
- PeopleDoc seeks a Remote Front End Developer.
If you do end up watching “Love is Blind,” please include your thoughts in real time on Instagram stories so that we can further connect over this national treasure of a dating show.
Also, if once a week just ain’t enough, you can always check our job board 24/7 at this link.
Happy job hunting, friends. Let us know if you need anything during your quest.-30-
This Week in Jobs: Careers by land and space
This Week in Jobs: Feel the heat radiating off these career opportunities
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware