The Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO) has invested a total of $1.3 million in 13 Maryland startups, including six Baltimore city-based businesses, since July 2013.
TEDCO, a creation of the Maryland state legislature in 1998 that uses taxpayer dollars to make investments in early-stage startups, gave each of the 13 startups $100,000 through its Technology Commercialization Fund.
Those startups, from the press release:
- Allovue, LLC, located in Baltimore, streamlines school financial management processes into one data visualization application that helps school leaders navigate the budget process, manage multiple funding streams, track expenses, allocate spending money to teachers, identify trends over time, and plan for future capital investments.
- Altenera Technology, Inc., located in Bethesda, has a goal to provide innovative alternatives to resolve some of the challenges common to current clean energy solutions on the market.
- An Estuary, LLC, located in Baltimore, builds social platform technology and technology-integrated professional development solutions for educators.
- Ariadne Diagnostics, LLC, located in Rockville, is developing companion diagnostic tests in the areas of metastatic colorectal cancer and neurodegenerative/neuromuscular diseases based on proprietary panels of biomarkers.
- Citelighter, Inc., located in Baltimore, is a research and writing platform that helps students organize materials for writing papers and lets teachers track their students’ progress. (That’s the firm that relocated here from NYC, a move that earned them a shout out at the annual meeting of the Economic Alliance of Greater Baltimore last month.)
- Graftworx, LLC, located in Bel Air, is an early stage medical device company developing a novel solution for detecting blockages of peripheral arterial bypass grafts.
- I-lighting, LLC, located in North East, maximizes the longevity and performance of LED lighting with its patented Easy PlugTM Installation System and low voltage DC power supplies.
- Integrata Security, LLC, located in Baltimore, develops and implements highly innovative solutions that increase the resiliency of information systems for enterprises and government agencies that require the highest level of information security.
- Maryland Energy and Sensor Technologies, LLC, located in College Park, is developing commercial applications of thermoelastic cooling technology and is the exclusive licensee of this cost effective highly efficient green technology.
- Noble Life Sciences, Inc., located in Gaithersburg, provides in vitro and in vivo preclinical drug development services including experimental design and testing, animal and cellular disease models, cell line development and protein production, selection and validation of biomarkers, and vivarium services.
- PrintLess Plans, LLC, located in Baltimore, develops large format auxiliary displays offering architecture, engineering, and construction professionals a durable, mobile means to view libraries of digital drawings in their original size.
- Rehabtics, LLC, located in Baltimore, is developing a software system for physical rehabilitation using motion-controlled video games for use both in institutions and at home.
- SurveySnap, Inc., located in Columbia, develops software for architecture, engineering and construction industry professionals that do site-surveys, building assessments and job estimating.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.