Inc. released its annual Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the country today, including more than 100 based in the Philadelphia metro area.
Specifically, 131 companies based in this region made the list, including 84 repeat honorees. In 2021, there were 149 companies from the Philly area on the list. According to Inc., Philly companies on this year’s list saw 236% median growth, $4.4 billion in revenue and 13,085 jobs added.
Here are some of the local tech-driven companies that made the list, including a few newcomers:
- Exyn Technologies, a company using drones to collect data from places where GPS can’t reach, ranked No. 177 on this year’s list. This is Exyn’s first time on the list.
- PatientWing connects patients with clinical-trial researchers. The company was No. 348, and appears on the list for the first time.
- The veterinary staff scheduling platform IndeVets ranked No. 577 for its first time on the list.
- CampusESP, an education tech company connecting colleges and students’ families, ranked No. 909.
- EverWash, a car wash subscription service, was No. 932.
- Houwzer, a tech-enabled, Center City-based real estate brokerage, was No. 1,833, falling from its place at No. 918 in 2021 and No. 730 in 2020.
- HR tech company Phenom ranked No. 1,922. The company was No. 928 in 2021, No. 1,852 in 2020 and No. 277 in 2017.
- Software development company Chop Dawg Studios was No. 2,008.
- Boomi, a software-as-a-service company for enterprise businesses, ranked No. 2,184.
- FinPay, a financial tech company for healthcare providers, was No. 2,218, down from No. 1,197 on last year’s list.
— Exyn Technologies (@ExynTech) August 16, 2022
For IndeVets, which now employs 38 full-time HQ team members and 174 veterinarians, “making the list is recognition that the work we’re doing matters and is making a difference” in vets’ lives, President and CEO Michael Raphael told Technical.ly via a spokesperson.
“Growth for us this year has been about giving our team more resources and support so they can make sure our veterinarians have everything they need to success at their jobs,” Raphael said. “This has meant investment in technology, HQ staff and marketing. At the same time, we’ve been hiring more veterinarians and now have double the number we started the year with. We’ve also significantly expanded our geography, moving into the middle part of the country, and now we’re as far west as Colorado.”
Coming up, the company will continue to grow by investing in both its tech and people.
“We’re excited to be developing new features that will allow our doctors and hospitals to work even more efficiently together,” the CEO said. “We will also continue our westward march — and we’re planning to launch a brand-new program to mentor and support recent graduates from vet schools.”
And this is the third consecutive year that Phenom has been named to the Inc. 5000 list. A press release from the AI-powered platform maker said the company recognizes the role it plays in the shifting world of talent experience, which supports its continued growth. CFO Davinder Athwal told Technical.ly last month that an IPO is still on Phenom’s radar, though timing is undetermined amid the economic downtown
“Companies are realizing that the only way to solve today’s critical hiring and retention challenges is by transforming the talent experience for candidates, employees, recruiters and hiring managers,” CEO and cofounder Mahe Bayireddi said in a statement about the Inc. 5000 ranking. “Between The Great Resignation and a looming economic downturn, organizations are turning to artificial intelligence, automation, and hyper-personalization to attract and hire new talent faster, while retaining and developing the people they already have.”Sarah Huffman is a 2022-2023 corps member for Report for America, an initiative of The Groundtruth Project that pairs young journalists with local newsrooms. This position is supported by the Lenfest Institute for Journalism.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.