Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Ever heard of Parkinson’s Law?
It’s the idea that work will expand to the time available to complete it.
That can mean things feel harder or more stressful the more time you have to tackle them. While this isn’t a hard and fast rule, many of us experience this in relation to procrastination.
For example, you may have weeks to complete a project. You think about it, stress over it for days, and only get started when you’re down to the wire.
Next time you have a deadline looming, think about how much time the task will actually take to complete instead of thinking about how much time you have available to do it.
Speaking of deadlines, best not to procrastinate on these new opportunities, or they just might disappear.
Learn how TEDCO is supporting startups and entrepreneurs in Maryland with federal State Small Business Credit Initiative funding in this guest post from CEO Troy LeMaile-Stovall.
“The biggest hurdle most companies face when designing for an omnichannel strategy is data collection, management and analysis,” writes Tracey Welson-Rossman of Chariot Solutions. Learn more in this guest post about how to successfully interact with customers across multiple touch points, IRL and online.
Were you ready for the Reddit blackout? This is why thousands of Reddit boards went down last week.
For the fourth year running, the Global Startup Ecosystem Report ranked DC as the 11th best startup ecosystem in the world.
- Digital services firm Fearless is hiring a:
- You hear that? National Public Radio is searching for a Senior Software Engineer.
- Next-generation learning technology company NovoEd is on the lookout for a Data Analyst.
Philly + Delaware
- The team at Vanguard is seeking a:
- International health and security risk management company International SOS is hiring an End User Support Technician.
- Clinical trial data software and services company Pinnacle 21 is searching for a Standards Engineer.
- Want to be part of global change? B corp creators B Lab are looking for a Lead Engineer.
DC + Baltimore
- Civic engagement organization Voto Latino is hiring a Data Analyst.
- Technically Media is looking for an Editorial Intern.
- Johns Hopkins Medicine is searching for a Senior Data Tester.
- Exelon, the country’s largest utility company, is seeking a Business Analyst.
- Bank on a career with PNC Financial Services. The Pittsburgh office is on the lookout for a:
- Space robotics company Astrobotic Technology is hiring an Integration & Test Engineer.
- Robotics solutions company Carnegie Robotics is seeking a Software Engineer.
Remember, things take (less) time. Catch you on the flip side!
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.