Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
You’re Super (Mario)!
Sometimes, we put too many expectations on ourselves. It’s important to give yourself a pat on the back every once in a while and remember that we’re only human.
It’s especially important to remember that when you see what a robot developed by a group of University of Maryland students can do. Beating a level of Super Mario Brothers in 90 seconds flat is no small feat. And these students hope to develop the robot into a useful device for medical procedures.
So the next time you’re beating yourself up over struggles with job hunting, just remember that you must go easy on yourself and be patient. You can even play a game to relax. At least you’re not expected to perform surgery any time soon.
Technical.ly reporter Donte Kirby is hosting an interview series discussing lessons from the pandemic year with tech leaders. Check out the first episode.
Philadelphia-founded delivery company The Rounds is bringing its eco-friendly service to D.C.
It’s never too early to take interest in STEM. And Baltimore-based Building STEPS looks to expedite that process by working with students from high school throughout their college careers to expose them to STEM opportunities.
The Financial Technology Association recently hired its first CEO, Penny Lee. Find out what she has planned for the organization.
- Join the world’s first innovation hub dedicated to opening up governments. Open Gov Hub is hiring an Operations and Facilities Manager.
- Appian is looking to bring on a Lead Software Engineer.
- Higher Logic is looking for a Jr. QA Automation Engineer.
- cloudtamer.io is searching for a QA Automation Engineer.
- SOLUTE is seeking a Software Engineer.
- Interested in SaaS tech? Join Interos as a Machine Learning Engineer.
- Use analytics to help individuals get optimal health care by joining CareJourney as a Data Engineer.
- Forum One is hiring a Front End Developer.
- Axios is looking to hire a Back-End Engineer.
- Civic technology firm Azavea is on the lookout for a Software Engineer.
- Linode is seeking a System Software Engineer.
- Crossbeam is hiring an Enterprise Account Executive.
You can leap over any obstacle.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.