At Philly Tech Week 2017 presented by Comcast, there are over 100 amazing events on the calendar and it is very difficult to be everywhere at once (unless you have a super power to split yourself into 100 pieces … seems unlikely though and slightly painful). We have an easy solution. Just follow the @technicallym Snapchat.
You might have caught a few of our other Snapchat takeovers in the past, like our first one with Nate Nichols from Palette Group or that time we took it to Baltimore with SmartLogic founder Yair Flicker. Or you may know our Snapchat primarily from our infamous swag reports. Philly Tech Week will be similar, but with a different “story” told each day from the point of view of community members, event organizers and your very own Technical.ly team.
Who is handling the super v important takeovers and possibly falling into Snapchat stardom? Check it out.
- Friday, April 28: Our very own Technically Philly Lead Reporter Roberto Torres (woo and the crowd goes wild) will be leading a group of community members on our #PTW17 Innovation Crawl. Expect eight stops filled with a lot of hot games, VR, food and drinks.
- Saturday, April 29: Our friends at the Abington Art Center will share vids of their key thought leaders across art and technology for an immersive exploration of empathy at their Empathy Hack Workshop: At the Intersection of Art and Society. Word on the street is that they made their own Snapchat geotag for the day.
- Sunday April 30: Accessibility-minded crew EvoXLabs will take over to share their grand finale of its evoHaX – Hack to Change Lives event. Expect hacking, demos, presentations, judging and awards. Man, this Snapchat feed is going to be straight fire.
- Monday, May 1: Jess Ryan will start off the work week for us. With a jam-packed schedule, this new community member is ready to share (no case of the Mondays for her, that’s for sure). Expect a pair of fresh eyes and a sense of curiosity out of this one as she attends Out to Launch, The Self Navigating Region and Career Changers Panel and Happy Hour.
- Wednesday, May 3: Our very own Title sponsor, Comcast will give you a bit of insight into Technical.ly’s Dev Conference and Philly Startup Leaders’s ninth annual Entrepreneur Expo. Expect some super exciting, high-level dev talks and over 100 local startups in one place at one time. Sounds like a party to me.
- Friday, May 5: Technical.ly’s very own event squad will show you around our 1,000 person #PTW17 Signature Event. Expect a glance into the pre-party happenings and possibly a v fun swag report. And oh yea, Red Bull hooked us up with a pretty sick Snapchat filter. (Disclaimer: If you are unable to attend this event, we are not liable for the serious case of FOMO you’ll get while you’re watching our Snapchat story.)
Remember, @technicallym is the name. Follow us on this journey and snap back at us. Be sure to expect other cameos and fun surprises along the way.
If you ever want to show off something your working on, whether it is your own company culture, hackathon or event we want to hear about it and have you share along with us. Just submit your info on our Snapchat takeover interest form jawn.-30-
NET/WORK is coming back to the Philly ‘burbs on Oct. 10
Meet our team: Get to know the people who power Technical.ly’s events, biz and editorial
Do you know whether you work at a mission-driven company?
Say ‘Ahoy’ to the technical opportunities at Vanguard
Hone your technical skills at #DevConf19 on May 8
The leader of the team behind the X1 Voice Remote: ‘Make sure you’re solving a problem for your user’
Catch what dev teams from AWS, Grubhub, Guru and more are up to at #DevConf19
Packed with growth opportunities, WSFS Bank moves into Philly
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia