(GIF by Matthew Butler)
Join us during Philly Tech Week 2017 presented by Comcast for an afternoon of high-level dev talks. It’s a chance to learn how to be a better technologist, and really, who doesn’t need that?
We have over 15 speakers joining us this year, sharing real-world tips on various programming languages and frameworks. One twist: It’s a choose-your-own-adventure format. What does this mean, you ask? Simple.
We will have three rooms with different foci in each room, and you will have the opportunity to hop from one room to the next between the talks (you don’t literally have to hop, you can just walk, fyi). Kinda a bit like a Barcamp-style event, but not, since all of the topics are already chosen.
Here’s what each room will focus on:
- Tactical (this includes talks on live-coding and company case studies)
- Process (talks on project management and cleaning code)
- Big Ideas (a mix of the newest and most innovative concepts happening in the dev community)
It’s a top-notch professional development (and networking!) opportunity for one heckuva price.
Here’s our current list of what you’ll learn and who you’ll learn it from:
- RevZilla supercharges analytics in AWS using Snowflake, the data warehouse built for the cloud with Matt Kull, CEO at RevZilla
- Livin’ on the edge: Increasing web application performance through edge caching with Jason Matthews, Senior Solutions Architect at Turn5, Inc.
- Xamarin fits Native with Dave Voyles, Senior Technical Evangelist for Microsoft, and Tarika Chawla, Software Developer for Point.io
- Visual Regression Testing: How Could You Be So Sure? with TJ Nicolaides, Director, Development, Think Company
Process (trust it)
- Lessons Learned While Migrating a Legacy Application with Amanda Li, Tech Lead and Software Engineer at Venmo
- Better development through documentation: How proper requirements changed our lives with Frank Lee, Director of Back End Development at The Archer Group
- Cost in the Cloud: Designing for the Dollar Dimension with Tom Sprows, Software Engineering Manager at HomeNet
- SIMPL – A Python/Django/React framework for creating simulations with Jane Eisenstein, Senior Applications Developer, and Joseph Lee, Senior Technical Project Manager, at Wharton’s Alfred West Junior Learning Lab
- A Health Hack: Optimizing Your System for Performance with Timothy Wenhold, CTO at Power Home Remodeling
- Developing the Future of Civic Engagement with Pat Woods, Communications Lead at Code for Philly
- Making TV Mobile with [heart emoji] in Philadelphia with Sean Brown, Executive Director, Advanced Applications Engineering at Comcast
So like would you really wanna miss out on this??? See ya there, friends.
The Mount Airy-based author of ‘The Daring Book for Girls’ is back to inspire a love of coding
Philly will host an inaugural pharma conference next month
Super Meetup 2019 is happening at Cherry Street Pier on Thursday, Aug. 22
Why Linode sent this manager to Mumbai for 7 months
What’s your stack? Tell us for Tech Stacks Month
Dispatch from The Hague: If the Trumps are serious about economic equity, ‘let women flourish’
Guru is taking on growth with deliberate steps and an engaged team
This financial services firm offers global opportunity in the heart of Philly
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia