Technical.ly’s Slack buzzed with excitement on Tuesday as local businesses, Meetup groups, nonprofits and more convened for an online conversation focused on getting involved in Philly Tech Week 2019 presented by Comcast.
We kicked off the chat with a few updates for folks that are interested in organizing a PTW19 event. Here’s the need-to-know:
- Hot event timeslots are filling up quickly. If you’d like to organize an event, submit your idea ASAP.
- We are offering enhanced marketing packages to approved event organizers including goodies such as a registration table starter kit and Technical.ly team presence at your event.
Then, the fun began! We shared details on how to get tickets to Introduced by Technical.ly 2019, Dev Conference (workshops and talks), Dev Happy Hour, and PTW19 Signature Event followed by a discussion about the approved community events currently on or being added to the site:
- Trajectify is organizing the Bootstrappers Breakfast. This breakfast will foster serious conversations about growing a business based on internal cashflow and organic profit.
- Philly Startup Leaders is organizing Entrepreneur Expo, the annual showcase of Philadelphia-area startup companies.
- M.A.P. Technology Consultants, E-Region Enterprises and Clinical Blockchain are organizing a Blockchain Mini Summit that will educate the business community about the benefits of blockchain technology.
- myClin/Clinical Works is working on a Clinical Innovators Forum which seeks to educate the community on healthcare tech.
- Makers Meetup is organizing a “future of food” conversation featuring best-selling author of Clean Meat, Paul Shapiro.
- PhillyCAM will host technologists and content creators who are interested in pushing the boundaries of accessibility of emerging technologies in “Democratizing XR: Extended Reality for the Public.”
- DHEx Enterprises is planning the eighth annual Pyramid STEM Showcase. The free, family-friendly event is designed to educate and inform about science, technology, engineering and math.
Participants excitedly shared the ideas that they have in the works for as-yet-undefined events. Cybersecurity, data and education were a few hot topics. Nothing’s set in stone yet, but here are some ideas that were tossed around:
- A student technology showcase
- A data science careers event
- Events promoting diversity in the Philly’s tech community
- A virtual reality event focusing on real estate using VR for real estate
Needless to say, the slack chat was FIRE and if you couldn’t make this one, you won’t want to miss Slack Chat #2 next month. Philly, I want you to keep that same energy.
All are welcome to join! The cool thing about these chats is that multiple members of the Technical.ly team are logged on waiting to answer your questions. Have a question about sponsorship? Our sales team is there to assist. Looking for collaborators, volunteer opportunities and venues? The events team is there to make a connection.
All you have to do is show up and we’ll help you figure out how to get involved.