On Wednesday evening, around 100 local founders, technologists, creators and others gathered at WeWork’s K Street location for Technical.ly’s inaugural D.C. Innovation Awards. All the nominating and voting came down to just this — the final word on who’s had a truly great 2016.
Here’s who won:
- Maker Space of the Year — Union Kitchen
- Best Web/Mobile Product of the Year — The ASL App
- Artist/Creative Group of the Year — Mari Andrew
- Indie Video Game of the Year — Drinkards
- Colocation Community of the Year — WeWork
- Tech Mission Org of the Year — General Assembly
- Sciences Group of the Year — Data Society
- Technologist of the Year — Kate Rabinowitz
- Tech Startup of the Year — Social Tables
- Entrepreneur of the Year — Kate Glantz
Each of the winners was awarded with a small trophy created by TechShop Arlington’s Kelly Austin — we think they came out looking pretty snazzy.
— Technical.ly DC (@TechnicallyDC) December 14, 2016
And after (tweet length!) acceptance speeches, the evening continued with food, drinks and a room buzzing with conversations with new connections. Thanks for the celebration, #dctech.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.