Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
We’re not trying to sound like your mother, but have you gotten your flu shot yet? The CDC reports that it reduces the risk of the flu by 40 to 60%. And if there’s anything we know with 100% certainty, it’s that “60% of the time, it works every time.”
If you’ve never seen “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy,” that quote will make little to no sense. More importantly, it means you have not seen one of the greatest films of our time. Proceed with your life accordingly.
Wait. First read the rest of this newsletter. We guarantee you’ll love it, or your money back. (Newsflash: it’s free.)
We got some hot tips here for aspiring data engineers, including helpful information like what the heck data engineers are and which free courses you should take to become one. Tech companies are counting on you to fill these roles. See what we did there? Data … counting … it’s a pun!
Learn a thing or two — well, five, specifically — about working in city government, and all of the opportunities for innovation that come with it, by reading this enlightening piece by City of Philadelphia Director of Innovation Eliza Pollack.
- Pinnacle 21 streamlines the clinical trial data process so that drugs get into the hands of patients faster, but it needs your help!
- Inspire is helping save the world by enabling customers to take advantage of clean energy that they can monitor via smart home devices.
- CGI offers soup to nuts digital transformations. For companies. Not, like, the Kardashians.
- Linode is known for being one of the first and largest cloud hosting providers — and hey, now you can be a part of its team:
- The formidable leader in aspirationally decorated retail windows, URBN is parent company to boho brands like Free People and Anthropologie.
- The Institutes, a nonprofit organization for risk management and property-casualty insurance education, is looking to hire an IT – QA Automation Lead.
- Fulton Bank seeks an IT Sr Data Engineer Delivery.
- The Philadelphia Academy of School Leaders is on the prowl for a Director of Data and Evaluation.
- Tribe Technologies is hiring a Remote Senior Full Stack Developer.
- Bookingkit seeks a Remote Senior Software Engineer.
Important information regarding the flu shot: If you tell people you got a flu shot, wince and grip your afflicted arm with your other hand, they will assume you are in pain and do you favors, like bring you snacks. Or sit down to watch a classic journalism film with you. You’re welcome.-30-
This Week in Jobs DE: Gigs and giblets for the hungry job hunter
This Week in Jobs DE: BIGGEST JOB DEALS EVER!!!
This Week in Jobs DE: The mysterious fall and lots of non-dev jobs
This Week in Jobs DE: Vote, find a new gig and pause live radio — all in a day’s work
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware