Written by Technically Media CEO Chris Wink, Technical.ly’s new Culture Builder newsletter features tips on growing powerful teams and dynamic workplaces. Below is the latest edition we published. Sign up here to get the next one this Friday.
Technical.ly is only as interesting as the community of technology professionals we serve.
That’s always been the very intentional center of our business: We invest heavily in an independent newsroom to cover local tech economies and inform serious tech workers, whom we help introduce to clients of ours for career and business opportunities.
For more than a decade we’ve brought together that community at in-person events. That changed dramatically over the last 18 months. Some of that will return, but we’ve recognized the power of our online community, too. Three thousand of our readers from across our markets already meet and engage with each other in a public Slack we’ve maintained since 2015.Join the Technical.ly Slack
Meanwhile, our staff has maintained a separate private Slack for our own internal communication. Today that changes. We’re shutting down that private company channel, so we can devote more time to being in and with our community. We intend to make our public Slack the most interesting place to connect, learn and share with peers from your own city and beyond it. Tech workers, entrepreneurs and other company culture builders (that’s our HR and people ops friends) are there for ideas, resources and each other.
We have a newsroom of reporters and, it turns out, a pretty smart team all around you can meet there. Our reporters routinely host live interviews that you can join in on, as just one example of how they’ll be dropping the curtain on how journalism happens. It’s also another way to meet interesting people in your industry.
More to come. In the meantime, join us here.
And now the links.Sign up for the Culture Builder newsletter
What else we’re reading
- Report: Poor representation in lucrative industries widens wage gaps
- Do Your Company Values Mean Anything?
- Are You Failing at the Easiest Way to Improve the Candidate Experience?
- Employers’ Awkwardness About Where People Work
- How to navigate the IT tension of hybrid work
- What skill set does a chief hybrid work officer need?
- Racial, ethnic pay gap could take more than 25 years to close
Company culture stories we’ve published lately
- Indy Hall is closing its hub at 399 Market. But Philly’s first coworking space lives on online
- The timing of Marlette’s HQ reveals an office building reimagined for the COVID era
- After HeathVerity’s $100M Series D, the healthcare IT company will continue hiring to keep up with pandemic-fueled growth
- By Labor Day, new workplace norms will be set
- Biden targets noncompete agreements, which restrict the job opportunities of millions of low-wage workers
Sign up for the Culture Builder newsletter
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.