(Gif via Giphy.com)
Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
There are those who miss holding their grandchildren. Others miss hugs with friends and family. And then there are those who just “want to descend downstairs into a place with terrible air circulation and have no natural light for a few hours.”
From the folks pining for D.C.’s basement-bar scene, to others longing for tamales and tallboys at El Rey before a show at the 9:30 Club, Washington City Paper is asking what its readers miss most during COVID-19.
For us here at Technical.ly, it’s seeing all your beautiful faces at our live events. (We never knew ye, NET/WORK DC 2020.)
Perks are for today, but new skills, responsibility, job satisfaction and career knowledge can last a lifetime. That’s why the HR team at cloudtamer.io in Fulton introduced a “Career Progression Model” to help every employee chart their career path. If that thoughtful approach appeals to you, good news — cloudtamer has open jobs listed below!
COVID vaccines are finally being deployed, but it may be awhile before large events can be held in person. So with the Zoom zeitgeist set to continue through 2021, how can organizers best ensure success — and not lose money? A new report from the photobooth software company Pixilated offers some answers.
The pandemic sparked a surge in new business applications across the DMV. The reasons aren’t crystal clear, but the apparent rise in entrepreneurship is promising in one respect: laying groundwork for a faster, post-pandemic economic recovery across the region.
- ChurnZero — not a new way to make butter, but instead helping subscription businesses fight customer churn — is hiring a Full-Stack Software Engineer.
- The anti-tobacco folks at Truth Initiative are seeking a Software Engineer.
- Morning Consult is looking for a Software Engineer (golang).
- The American Psychological Association is hiring an Application Developer.
- The Baltimore City Office of Information and Technology is seeking a Technical Writer.
- cloudtamer.io in Fulton is looking for a Senior Solutions Delivery Manager. Sounds like a step up from delivering problems.
- Galen Robotics, building robo-surgery devices in Baltimore, is hiring a Software Engineer (Controls).
- Aidar Health in Baltimore is seeking an iOS Developer.
- Axios in Arlington is hiring a Director of Engineering.
- Axios is also seeking an Engineering Manager.
- Higher Logic is looking for a Solution Engineer.
- Nerdwise is hiring a Campaign Specialist.
- Callibrity is seeking a Remote Senior Java Software Developer. Although the team is virtual/remote, applicants must be willing to live in or relocate to Cincinnati, Ohio, “now or” — intriguingly — “in the future.” Hand over the laser goggles and beam us to Future Cincinnati, baby.
- CodersClan is looking for a Remote Team Leader to manage web developers “building beautiful digital experiences.” Sounds nice.
This installment marks the final TWIJ DMV of 2020 — a sentence that feels especially good to write. Thanks for joining us, dear reader, and we look forward to seeing you in 2021.
Enjoy the holidays, be safe, and, perhaps before too long, see you in a basement bar.-30-
This Week in Jobs DMV: Tune Up Edition
How SmartLogic is adapting to the new work normal
A former Google diversity recruiter says a manager characterized her Baltimore accent as a disability
Power Moves: Hutch incubator found its first director within Maryland’s entrepreneurship scene
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore