(Gif via giphy.com)
Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
No matter whether you prefer colors or classic white, there’s surely something for everyone at this year’s COVID-friendly holiday-light displays across the DMV.
Bask in the glow of 400,000 lights at the 43rd annual “Festival of Lights” — this year via drive-thru — at the Mormon Church’s Washington, D.C. Temple. Stroll among the stars at Light Yards at The Yards, or through any of the 12 neighborhood holiday light displays listed by D.C.
Let’s hope your resume leaves recruiters feeling the same glow.
Technical.ly is looking to bring aboard a full-time reporter next year to cover economic development in Pittsburgh, thanks to returning support from the national journalism fellowship nonprofit Report for America. But the role needs to be matched with funding from local donors. If that sounds like a cause you can get behind, read on here.
In the latest live (!) episode of Off the Sidelines, our investor education podcast, Technical.ly Philly reporter Paige Gross spoke with Jenny Abramson of Rethink Impact and Amy Griffin of G9 Ventures, digging into how to get more women to actively invest their wealth. (Psst, Abramson is local!)
Whether you’re more “love it or leave it,” or “put up or shut up,” or “sparking joy,” it’s time to figure out which undone tasks you’re taking with you into 2021 — and which you’re leaving behind. Margaret Roth Falzon, director of portfolio operations at Baltimore venture capital firm Squadra Ventures, walks through how to make your un-resolution list.
- CareFirst is hiring an Applications Security Engineer.
- Ordway is seeking a Product Manager.
- Industry Dive is looking for a full-stack Senior Software Engineer.
- Registry behemoth The Knot is hiring a Data Engineer.
- CareFirst in Baltimore is hiring a Senior Executive Support Engineer.
- Reach for the stars: The Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore is seeking a Software Engineer II.
- T. Rowe Price in Baltimore is looking for a Mid-Level Software Engineer (.NET Core).
- Mindgrub (mmm, mindgrub) is hiring a Lead .NET Engineer.
- Achieving the rare TWIJ three-peat, CareFirst — this time in Reston — is seeking a Lead Software Architect.
- ManTech in Chantilly is looking for a Software Developer.
- POLITICO in Arlington is hiring a Software Engineer.
- 1Q — the answer to “How many tech experts are in a Bond movie?” — is seeking a Remote Senior Scala Full-Stack Developer.
- Starship Health Technologies is looking for a Mobile-Health App Developer in a Coding-for-Good Environment. We want to know about the people coding for evil.
- KBMax is hiring a Remote Front-End Developer.
If your Festival of Lights is an eight-speed instead of 12, Sixth & I in D.C. will be breaking down the “classic Chanukah moments” in TV and film. Here’s hoping you laugh a latke.
Good luck out there on the job hunt!-30-
This Week in Jobs DMV: Tune Up Edition
How SmartLogic is adapting to the new work normal
A former Google diversity recruiter says a manager characterized her Baltimore accent as a disability
This Week in Jobs DMV: 2021 Edition
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore