Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Two More Days, Please
We hope you’re fully recovered from the holiday weekend, but let’s face it — it can still be tough to get back into the groove of things, even after four days off. Who could use a couple more days of vacation … from your vacation?
Sometimes, schedules, goals and bills might make that vacation extension a bit far fetched, but balance is key. If you keep reading, we’ll hook you up with some job leads that may help you with those bills. (And if you need a quick way to relax outside the home or office, check out these lists of the best spas in D.C. and Baltimore.)
D.C.-based nonprofit software provider EveryAction has announced it has acquired Blue State Digital’s Tools Division. BSD will continue to operate with its other offerings outside of its Tools Divisions, which means both companies still have jobs to offer in the area. Check out EveryAction’s jobs here and Blue State Digital’s jobs here.
Brytemap, a retail platform for the cannabis industry, has announced some major growth recently. The Hunt Valley-based company raised over $1.5M in funding and hired Scott Denholm as its new chief operating officer.
Many companies are starting to become more liberal with vacation policies. Make sure you check company perks whenever you’re lookin’ up the goods on the job description.
- Getaround is looking for a General Manager with strong marketing skills to join its team.
- Affiliated Engineers Inc. is hiring a Sr. Full Stack Developer.
- Build a cool IoT platform at Leverage with this opening for a Full Stack Engineer.
- The Washington Post is on the hunt for a Full Stack Developer.
- b.well is on the hunt for a Data Engineer.
- Experienced sales professionals should check out this Account Executive opening at SmartLogic.
- Work with a cross-functional team as a Sr. Data Scientist at Protenus.
- 14 West is hiring a Jr. Database Administrator.
- Viget is looking for a Digital Project Manager with Agile experience to join its team.
- Airside Mobile is building some cool apps, and you could play a major part with this position as an iOS Developer.
- Perengo is a startup looking to grow with a new Full Stack Engineer to join them.
- If you’re looking to help the community, check out this Software Engineer opening at Skylight Digital.
- PNDLM is hiring a Sr. Full-stack Developer with experience in PHP.
- Spire Systems is on the hunt for a Full Stack Developer.
With the start of Tech Stacks Month here at Technical.ly, it’s a good time to reassess your skills and make sure you’re staying on top of industry trends. Check out this list of the top 10 in-demand programming languages and consider brushing up on them to make yourself as well-rounded a candidate as possible.
Looks like the rain won’t let us enjoy too much of the outdoors this week, but there’s nothing like a rainy evening to lure you into a well-deserved nap. We’ll be here when you wake up, with our jobs page ready 24/7. Until next time, stay winning!-30-
This Week in Jobs: Bei Bei Goes Home Edition
This Week in Jobs: Kanye Farms Edition
This Week in Jobs: Monster Mash Edition
How this lawyer is helping entrepreneurs bark up the right tree
Lyft is providing rides to job training, interviews
This Week in Jobs: Here Fishy, Fishy Edition
Power Moves: Leadership hires at Medifast, Protenus and R2i
Get to know SmartLogic’s culture of plants, podcasts and productive client relationships
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore