Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Whether you scored a four-day weekend or only freedom for the day, your itinerary can still be full of fireworks, BBQs and “Born in the USA” singalongs, especially if you’re in the DMV region.
In preparation for this week’s festivities, freedom keeps ringing its liberty bell in our ears, so here’s some remarkably affordable stuff that’s definitely worth checking out:
- Don’t wanna break the bank celebrating on Thursday? Check out this list of free events in the DMV.
- If you need room to focus on your applications and cover letters, here are some free coworking spaces.
- Looking to learn something new or enhance your skills? Check out these free Harvard courses on edX.
Arlington-based consultant firm Accenture has announced its acquisition of Seattle-based cybersecurity company Deja vu Security. This acquisition will help boost Accenture’s footprint in both the IoT and cybersecurity spaces. If you want to join this growing team, here is a list of cybersecurity jobs currently available at Accenture.
Baltimore’s Paragon Bioservices Inc. is expanding its manufacturing space into Gaithersburg and Rockville. By purchasing the facilities and equipment from vaccine developer Novavax, there’s even more room for you to join. Check out its list of jobs, including this cool opening for a Computer Systems Validation Engineer.
You know one thing that you shouldn’t do for free? Work. Make sure you’re regularly checking salaries and rates for your skill set and career interests.
- Leverage is looking for an experienced Full Stack Engineer to work on its IoT platform.
- Any healthcare vets out there with super project management powers? Here is a hot gig for you at Hybrent.
- Account execs! SmartLogic is hiring an Account Executive for its D.C. office. If you’re a sales guru living closer to Baltimore, SmartLogic has this opening for you.
- You’ll be working on web-based government systems if you snag this Backend Engineer job at Nava.
- SmartLogic wants experienced Developers with strong cross-functional skills to join its team.
- 14 West is looking for a Mobile App Developer.
- Asymmetrik is hiring a Full Stack Developer with experience in Zeppelin, Storm, and other cool tech names that you probably understand.
- Business analysts with strong data chops and an interest in Salesforce should hop on this Revenue Operations Consultant opening at Dupont Circle Solutions.
- Become “The Guardian of the Office” at mgm technology partners with this Office Manager role.
- Dealer Inspire is an automotive website looking or a React Node Developer to join its team.
- X-team is looking for an experienced Vue.js Developer.
- The product engineering team at TaxJar is expanding, and needs a Software Engineer to keep it growing.
We’ll end this quickly so that you can prepare for however you’re celebrating the holiday. Be safe, be hydrated and when you’re back indoors, our jobs page will be right here waiting for you. Until next time, stay winning!-30-
6 ways to make your hiring process more inclusive
This Week in Jobs: Tune up edition
This Week in Jobs: Sans serif edition
Why two eminent Baltimore higher-ed institutions collaborated to create this unique dual degree program
Hayley Bradway brings adtech experience to Whitebox as VP of marketing
On the Market: MAGIC seeks executive director + more Baltimore tech job openings
This Week in Jobs: Wrecking ball edition
What Asymmetrik is doing to help lead healthcare’s digital transformation
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore