Roz Duffy and Monica Marziani want to help you.
The duo has just gone public with The Gamut: a mix of a web design shop, marketing agency and event planning company.
“If you take what Monica does and what I do, we have the full-scale experience,” says Duffy.
After a stint at I-Site as an interactive designer Marziani wanted to try her hand at freelancing. Silmutanously, Duffy said her career of alternating between large corporate employers and small design shops made her want to run her own business.
Both South Philly residents, the duo began working together on freelance projects before making it official.
According to Duffy, the company has had a handful of clients this year including TechCrunch Disrupt startup DealBird and will be the driving force behind the upcoming TedxPhilly.
Mostly operating from Marziani’s dining room table the company is considering full-time office space and hopes to eventually grow beyond two people.
- Youngjin Yoo – Director of Center for Design+Innovation, Temple University
- Stanford Thompson & Play On, Philly! – Founding Director, Play On, Philly! (spoke last year)
- Jennifer Pahlka – Founder & Executive Director, Code for America
- Yael Lehmann – Executive Director, The Food Trust
- Zane Booker – Founder, Smoke, Lilies and Jade Arts Initiative