During the past two weeks at Technically Philly, we couldn’t help but notice Drexel University being mentioned with increasing frequency in our interviews with local entrepreneurs and investors.
We don’t have the resources to rank the region’s schools like U.S. News and World Report, but anecdotally, Drexel is making waves:
- We’ve been told by one source that the college is planning to launch the Center for Visual Decision Informatics. Similar to Wharton’s Consumer Analytics Institute, the group will help analyze large data sets for corporations and government.
SchoolCollege of Business was ranked the #13 best entrepreneurial program for undergrads by the Prineton Review (Temple ranked #11).
- ApprenNet founder and Drexel Professor Karl Okamoto has just launched a entrepreneurial law clinic.
- Drexel is the site of the upcoming Startup Weekend.
- Drexel will be providing interns to Project Liberty, the Philadelphia Media Network’s new incubator.
- According to our interview with Ken Kay, founder of Ecelerator, Drexel will likely provide Ecelerator with interns as well.
Great work, Dragons. Dr.Papadakis would have been proud.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.