Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get ane-mail subscription for our Comcast news updates.
- Exclusive: Comcast, NBCU Net Affiliate Units Merging [Multichannel News] — “Comcast and NBC Universal programming-network distribution teams are combining in NBCU’s Englewood Cliffs, N.J., base, phasing jobs out of Comcast Center in Philadelphia”
- More Devices, Netflix Mean More Traffic for Comcast [gigaom] — Doubling in average usage from 2008, consumers use between 4-6GB of data monthly, Comcast says.
- Comcast’s Next Big Battle May Be in Its Backyard [Daily Finance] — Suggests the NBC deal forces Comcast to give Comcast SportsNet up to satellite competitors like Dish Network, a point that isn’t so clear Philly Tech News suggests.
GIVE A GLANCE
- Regulators take wrong path on Comcast-NBC [Financial Times] — Arguing that essential details were ignored in approving the deal for NBC control
- Zucker: NBC tried to buy Huffington Post for 18 months, couldn’t agree on price [Poynter] — Jeff Zucker, ousted as NBC head after Comcast took over, said while still in charge, NBC tried to buy the blog that was recently purchased by Aol for $315M. H/T PTN
- Looks like no ESPN for NHL [Community Voice: Pittsburgh Post Gazette] — The Comcast deal for NBC will bring more weight and hold onto the NHL
- Margate eyes 25-year cable deal with Comcast Shore News Today] — Gettin’ Comcast downtheshore.
- Comcast Deploys 100 Mbps High-Speed Internet to Colorado Businesses [IP communications]