Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an e-mail subscri ption for our Comcast news updates.
- FCC’s Meredith Baker goes on the defensive [Post Tech: Washington Post] — “Federal Communications commissioner Meredith Attwell Baker defended her decision to join Comcast NBC Universal just months after voting in favor of the company’s joint venture.”
- The Fastest Growing Industry in the Country? It’s Digital Voice [The Atlantic] — Comcast is leading the charge with ‘cable VoIP,’ which, with ‘peer-to-peer’ like Skype and ‘virtual VoIP’ like Vonage, is marking ‘the death of the land line.”
- Hulu, Networks Close To New Deal [Media Memo: All Things Digital] — “Hulu and its network TV owners are close to a new deal that will keep programs from NBC, Fox and ABC on the Web video site.”
- Ron Meyer offered contract extension as head of Universal Studios [Company Town: LA Times] — “Comcast Corp. has made an offer to renew the contract of longtime Universal Studios chief Ron Meyer “
- Comcast Donates $250K To Alabama Charities For Tornado Relief [Multichannel News] — “MSO Contributes to Governor’s Relief Fund, Local and National Red Cross”
- Comcast OK’s its proposals, nixes those of shareholders [Philadelphia Business Journal] — Including shareholder nominees to board of directors