Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an e-mail subscri ption for our Comcast news updates.
- FCC’s Meredith Baker goes on the defensive [Post Tech: Washington Post] — “Federal Communications commissioner Meredith Attwell Baker defended her decision to join Comcast NBC Universal just months after voting in favor of the company’s joint venture.”
- The Fastest Growing Industry in the Country? It’s Digital Voice [The Atlantic] — Comcast is leading the charge with ‘cable VoIP,’ which, with ‘peer-to-peer’ like Skype and ‘virtual VoIP’ like Vonage, is marking ‘the death of the land line.”
- Hulu, Networks Close To New Deal [Media Memo: All Things Digital] — “Hulu and its network TV owners are close to a new deal that will keep programs from NBC, Fox and ABC on the Web video site.”
- Ron Meyer offered contract extension as head of Universal Studios [Company Town: LA Times] — “Comcast Corp. has made an offer to renew the contract of longtime Universal Studios chief Ron Meyer “
- Comcast Donates $250K To Alabama Charities For Tornado Relief [Multichannel News] — “MSO Contributes to Governor’s Relief Fund, Local and National Red Cross”
- Comcast OK’s its proposals, nixes those of shareholders [Philadelphia Business Journal] — Including shareholder nominees to board of directors
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.