Welcome back to Cool Job Alert, a Technical.ly column where we feature interesting tech job openings from around the region. Got a posting you want to share? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Innovation Works seeks to bridge the racial wealth gap by creating more entrepreneurs and social enterprises in communities that have been historically divested from in Baltimore. Its site was launched in 2019 as IW was initially entering the public conversation and rolling out early programming. Now, the team is looking to update the site and tell the story of the work they’ve done thus far. This includes IW’s Ignite Hub Network that supports incubators like CreateU in Sandtown-Winchester, as well as its mentor network and Ignite Capital, a fund for social impact startups.
The org is looking to create a “more robust website that offers more detail about IW’s key initiatives and impact, and that has the flexibility to grow and adapt alongside IW in the coming years,” the RFP states. It’s looking for a site that illustrates its work as a resource network that supports social entrepreneurs.
IW is embarking on a website redesign! We are seeking a web development partner who can help tell the full story of who we are and what we do. Request for Proposal linked below (due April 23) – share with your networks!https://t.co/VwkzhmduOq#requestforproposal #webdesign pic.twitter.com/a2EOdKSqdn
— Innovation Works Baltimore (@iwbmore) March 24, 2021
Per the RFP, IW is seeking a developer with this expertise:
- Project management: Bringing the project from start to finish within the agreed-upon timeframe and budget
- Backend development: Building a secure, robust foundation for the site
- Frontend development: Building an intuitive and easy-to-navigate website, with consideration for UX/UI, ensuring users can find the information they need within a layout that reflects the mission and values of IW
- Content strategy: Ensuring the website will contain all of the information and features required for producing a visually compelling, content-rich website
- Quality Assurance and Testing
- Content Management System training: Ensuring select members of IW’s staff have the knowledge they need to make ongoing updates to the site as needed and as it evolves
Those interested should read the pdf detailing the work and submission instructions. Proposals are due by April 23.
Donte Kirby is a 2020-2022 corps member for Report for America, an initiative of The Groundtruth Project that pairs young journalists with local newsrooms. This position is supported by the Robert W. Deutsch Foundation.