Today, Amazon Web Services (AWS) announced that five local nonprofits seeking to up their tech game won funding awards from the tech giant.
The five organizations were selected through AWS’ IMAGINE Grant, which is open to registered 501 nonprofits taking advantage of cloud tech. Organizations could apply within two categories: Go Further, Faster and Momentum to Modernize.
Go Further, Faster recipients will be granted up to $150,000 in unrestricted funds, as well as up to $100,000 in AWS computing credits and access to AWS technical specialists. Momentum to Modernize awardees will get $30,000 in unrestricted funds and $10,000 in AWS computing credits, plus project implementation support. Projects were judged according to barometers like uniqueness, impact and clearly defined outcome goals.
“Our hope is that nonprofits will use these funds to pursue technology-driven goals,” said Allyson Fryhoff, AWS’ managing director of nonprofit and nonprofit health, to Technical.ly. “We are constantly innovating on behalf of our customers, including those in the nonprofit sector. We have a team of hundreds of Amazonians dedicated to working with nonprofits of all sizes and missions, looking for ways to help them accelerate their mission impact.”
This is the fifth year AWS has provided the award and 20 nonprofits nationwide were selected. Here are the local recipients of the Go Further, Faster award:
- The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts: The Kennedy Center is building a data warehouse, using AI/ML, for constituent data to personalize donor outreach and expand the organization.
- Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation: With AI/ML, the foundation is creating a data lake for predictive modeling aimed at preventing and treating pediatric AIDS.
- C4ADS: With natural language processing, analytics and containerization for its Seamless Horizons Tool, the organization hopes to bring down transnational illicit crimes and protect the planet.
And the Momentum to Modernize award recipients:
- Navy Mutual Aid Association: The sea service veterans-focused association is modernizing its system for better insurance services.
- FINCA International: FINCA is developing a data lake, with serverless computing, to boost visibility on poverty-reducing programs and investments.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.