Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
Feeling restless at your desk? You’re not alone. It’s estimated that as many as 40% of employees are considering leaving their current role in what’s being dubbed “The Great Resignation.”
Listen, there’s never a perfect time to leave a role, but with more openings on the job market than ever, this could be the sign you’re looking for to start something new.
Feeling bold? Take a look around at this week’s listings – we promise you won’t be the only one.
If you build it, they will come. The Pittsburgh Regional Alliance pitched Pittsburgh as a thriving tech scene to One America Works’ online audience.
vXchnge talks data, cybersecurity, accessibility, and why Pittsburgh is the perfect locale for one of its data centers.
A $150 million grant from the Richard King Mellon Foundation can transform Hazelwood Green into an innovative tech hub, but community leaders are ensuring the transformation benefits local residents, too.
Marinus Analytics, a women-led, CMU-founded startup using data to combat human trafficking, was named the only US finalist in IBM Watson AI XPrize competition.
- Zoom is hiring a Head of Big Data Platform.
- Data lovers, take note! Comcast is searching for an Analyst to work within Business Information Systems.
- Honeycomb Credit is transforming the way main street businesses raise money, and needs a Product Manager to help make the mission a reality.
- Break into the business of self-driving cars. Argo AI is seeking a Software Engineer, Backend, Log Applications.
- Aware.ai is searching for an Application Developer.
- Help bring legacy media online. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is hiring a Salesforce Software Developer.
- Aurora is looking for a Technical Product / Program Manager to work within the Software Team.
- Work at the intersection of security and software at Carnegie Mellon University. The Software Engineering Institute wants an Associate Machine Learning Research Scientist.
- eNGINE is looking for a Product Manager.
- Dive into the work of defense and technology with General Dynamics Mission Systems. The global team is searching for an Advanced Software Engineer.
- New grads, look alive! Duolingo needs an Operations Engineer straight out of school.
- JH Technical Services is on the lookout for a Network Engineer.
- Bring farm fresh technology indoors with Fifth Season. The vertical farming startup is hiring a Technical Support Engineer.
- All Lines Technology is seeking an Azure Data Engineer.
- Help settle the age-old PA convenience store debate. Sheetz is looking for a Full Stack Engineer at its Bakery Square Innovation Hub.
- CivicScience is hoping to find a Senior Software Engineer.
The Remote Jobs
- PerfectServe is hiring a Manager, Customer Insights & Analytics.
- Create immersive digital experiences with Penn Interactive. The interactive gaming company is seeking a Technical Recruiter.
- Tempest is searching for a Senior Web Developer.
As they say, if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em (the quitters, that is). Don’t be afraid to search for something new–we’ll see you again very soon.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.