Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
August in the city is usually when summer starts to overstay its welcome, arguments over the A/C usage flare, and children insist on bringing out the slip ‘n slide they’ve already destroyed with overuse. In the baseball season, it’s usually when the wheat is separated from the chaff — the good teams make a run to bury the weak until next year.
Well, now’s the time to shake off the heat and keep the hunger alive. When everyone else is distracted, now’s the time to pounce on competitive jobs, when you can show your dedication by making the dog days of summer your time to level up in the career department.
Join technologists from all across the mid-Atlantic this Thursday, Aug. 13, for a virtual Super Meetup event, including lightning talks, trivia and — oh yes — hiring companies.
Pittsburgh-based nonprofit Advanced Robotics for Manufacturing Institute is working with Austin, Texas-based Wilder Systems to create same-day COVID-19 tests. Faster results means less community spread, which is a very good thing the last time I checked.
The Local Jobs
- The Hyundai-Aptiv partnership in AV has a bunch of C++ Software Engineer positions open in Pittsburgh.
- Startup Abridge is looking to add a Lead DevOps Engineer early in the company’s development.
- Covestro is looking for the right mix of skills for its new Cyber Security Incident Manager.
- Security Consulting firm Seiso is on the hunt for its next Security Consultant II, who reports to the CEO.
- DVSport needs a Senior Software Developer for mobile applications.
- Won’t you be, won’t you be, won’t you be Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corporation’s next Data Administrator?
- Recruiter eNGINE is looking to place a Senior Python Developer, whose work will help develop health care device products.
- Bring that CS or IT background to Federated Hermes as Project Manager II.
- Cloud systems outfit Expedient is looking to add a Senior Applications Engineer to its IT team.
- RE2 Robotics wants to hire a Principal Robotics Control Systems Engineer.
- Hit the ground running at Seegrid as its next Lead Software Engineer.
The Remote Jobs
- Division Maintenance Group is knocking on doors to find its next Remote Front End Developer.
- Breeze Church is hiring a Remote Full Stack Software Engineer to help with its church management product.
- Scalable Path is looking for a remote Fullstack Node & React Developer.
Stay cool. TWIJ will be back next week with a whole new set of jobs, as always.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time. See you next week.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.