Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
It’s been a weather roller coaster. It was so hot for so long without a lick of rain, you almost started to feel bad for the browning grass everywhere. The much-needed precipitation that arrived last Friday was a little overboard, though, especially if you were one of the 21,000 people who lost power that evening.
But it all paid off in the end with a sunny, breezy weekend ripe for socially responsible and distant activities. It’s another life lesson from the heavens: If things haven’t looked great for a while, it can all change in a hurry.
Same goes for the ol’ job search. If you haven’t found that right fit just yet, we have plenty of opportunities with which to water your metaphorical jobs … lawn? You get the idea. Best part is that TWIJ has done all the weeding for you ahead of time. Enjoy!
Technical.ly’s latest coverage of Pittsburgh explores how the city’s tech economy is neither new nor ending anytime soon, as household names from Silicon Valley and beyond continue to set up shop here. Assistant Editor Stephen Babcock took a deep dive into Big Tech’s local legacy, featuring Zoom, Google, Facebook and the like.
Philly Tech Week is going virtual this year (with a slate of digital events leading up to the main celebration in September), and if you’re part of, or interested in, the gaming industry, you’ll want to check out this event: Gaming as a Social Movement, taking place July 23. Leaders from Nerd Street Gamers and Balti Virtual will be on hand to talk about the gaming industry’s responsibility to issues beyond the balance sheet.
The Local Jobs
- Think you’re ready for the executive office? Fleq is looking for its next CTO to lead the startup’s tech development.
- Food banks are crucial right now, and if you want to really meet the moment, the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank needs a Salesforce Administrator/Junior Developer.
- Chatham University needs help in its IT Department, and is taking on a new User Services Specialist.
- Hey, designers: Beyond Spots & Dots is looking for a Front-End Web Developer to make pretty things.
- While we’re at it, Gateway Engineers has an opening in the Marketing Design side of the business.
- IT Solutions firm Presidio is on the hunt for a Senior Solutions Architect.
- For the AI-inclined, Argo AI needs a Senior Systems Architect to work on its self-driving platform.
- PNC wants a Software Developer to join its Risk Management Technology team.
- An outfit called Microsoft wants a Senior Software Engineer to join its Avere team in Azure Storage.
- Java experts! Become Zoom’s next Java Full Stack Engineer.
The Remote Jobs
- Mobile marketing software firm Egoditor is hiring a Remote Full Stack PHP Developer.
- Venture-backed Vamstar is looking to add to its team a Remote Senior Software Engineer.
Roll up the garden hose, that’s it for this week. Next week TWIJ will be back with a whole new set of jobs, as always.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time. See you next week.