Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
If you’ve been in the city over the past week or so, you may have noticed it’s become a whole lot zippier.
Pittsburgh is the first city in Pennsylvania to be granted an escooter share program. The pilot, which will take place over two years, allows for the city to run a scooter-share program, even though it’s technically illegal in PA.
Love them or hate them, we can all admit it’s nice to have motor assist to zoom up the city’s many hills. The biggest annoyance for many is the casual discarding of scooters on streets and sidewalks when users complete their journey.
But, in Pittsburgh, home of the parking chair, perhaps we’ll avoid that particular annoyance altogether.
Let’s scoot down to the news!
Technical.ly is now publishing daily reporting in Pittsburgh, and a newsletter is on its way. Keep up to date with all the latest headlines here.
Last week, autonomous vehicle company Aurora Innovation announced its plans to go public through a special acquisition company, or SPAC.
Speaking of going public, here’s how leaders in Pittsburgh’s technology and startup community hope that local unicorn Duolingo’s IPO can change the region’s access to investors and growth.
Mayoral candidate Ed Gainey shares his stances on equitable living, technology, and the future of job growth in Pittsburgh.
- Astrobotic is hiring a Systems Engineer.
- Help further academic, governmental, and industrial research with Carnegie Mellon Unversity’s Supercomputing Center. The team is seeking a Project and Customer Relations Manager.
- Peptilogics is looking for a Machine Learning Scientist.
- Attention digital marketers! Tobii is searching for a CRM & Automation Specialist.
- Federated Hermes is on the lookout for an Investment Analyst.
- Enthusiastic about agile development? Humana is seeking a Senior Scrum Master.
- CTG is hiring a Software Engineer.
- Take to the skies with the Allegheny County Airport Authority. The global aviation leader is looking for an IT Service Desk Administrator.
- Randstad is searching for a Software Developer.
- Join the future of fintech at numo. The digital banking company is seeking a Senior Fullstack Engineer.
- eNGINE is on the lookout for a Sharepoint Developer.
- Sold on the future of real estate technology? LendingHome is hiring a Software Engineer.
- MSA is seeking a Senior Data Analyst.
- Transform the online retail experience. American Eagle Outfitters is searching for a Senior Systems Engineer.
The Remote Jobs
- Crossbeam is hiring a Site Reliability Engineer.
- Help travel destinations get the word out with amazing sites. Tempest is looking for a Senior Web Developer.
- Azavea is seeking a Marketing Lead.
Remember, safety first when scooting! And mind those pesky parking chairs. See you next time.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.