Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
For those who may not know (which included myself up until a few moments ago when I Googled it), August is National Sandwich Month.
You may be a lover of all things between two slices of bread, but when you say sandwich in Pittsburgh, one storied sandwich comes to mind.
Primanti Bros. has been serving up its signature stacked sandwich (stuffed with fries, meat, cheese, and often an egg) since 1933. The story goes that the fried-stuffed sandwich was a happy accident of sorts, but when the drivers in the Strip District discovered it, they were overjoyed. Putting the fries inside the sandwich meant they could eat a full meal one-handed while they drove.
It’s the magic of multi-tasking in a single sandwich form.
Pick up the slack! Technical.ly is closing its company Slack, in favor of a public channel to connect with readers, entrepreneurs, and our online community at large. Ready to chat? Come join us.
Mollusk in your mentions? It’s probably Tim Pearce, the Carnegie Museum of Natural History’s resident mollusk expert who’s made a splash on TikTok and Instagram taking snail jokes digital.
Have you met Sophie Burkholder? She’s Technical.ly’s newest Pittsburgh reporter, bringing a daily dose of news to your inbox. Subscribe to stay on top of the city’s always-changing scene.
As a hub for the future of autonomous vehicles, Pittsburgh could be a key player in transportation sustainability now more than ever before.
- Diamond Kinetics is hiring a Technical Project Manager.
- Marketing and communications firm TrailBlaze Creative is seeking a Web Developer.
- Conservations Labs is searching for a Front End Developer.
- Attention CRM and data pros! JH Technical Services wants a Data Conversion Specialist to join its team.
- PPG is on the lookout for a QA Technical Analyst.
- Ready for takeoff? Astrobotic is hiring a Lead Test Engineer to work within electrical integration.
- Komodo is looking for a Founding Team Member/Developer.
- Drive into a career in autonomous vehicles. Waymo is searching for a Senior Software Engineer with a background in ML and computer vision.
- Ideal Integrations is seeking a Service Desk Technician.
- Ease the event experience. Showclix is looking for a .NET C# Developer.
- Zoobean is hiring a Ruby on Rails Principal Developer.
- Bridge the gap between food insecurity and wasted food. 412 Food Rescue is seeking a Data & BI Analyst.
- CivicScience is looking for a Senior Data Engineer.
The Remote Jobs
- Tempest is hiring a Web Project Manager.
- Jump into Crossbeam’s data-driven platform. The startup is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer.
- Fligthradar24 is looking for a Front-End Developer.
May your multitasking be as inspiring as a fry-filled sandwich.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.