Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Since TWIJ is like that overly chatty friend who’s fun but often goes overboard with the bad puns, we’re going to hand this week’s intro over to some local leaders whose words about our current state of social unrest have given readers so much to think about and learn from in the past week.
First, president and CEO of the African-American Chamber of Commerce of PA, NJ & DE, Donavan West, penned a powerful essay offering up a strategy for “changing our way of life to address RACISM-20” the same way we have for COVID-19.
Next, cofounder and CEO of Employee Cycle, Bruce Marable, shared the internal letter he sent to members of his organization, making it clear where he stands as a Black man and leader of a company — which he declared will “speak up and have a voice to support the efforts of those trying to change the system,” and “collaborate with organizations that are fighting for justice.”
And lead reporter for Technical.ly Delaware, our very own Holly Quinn, offers guidance to non-Black people who are wondering how to get involved and stay engaged long after the protests and “the hashtags stop.”
Now it’s that time again — onto the jobs.
Philly Tech Justice — a new initiative of Movement Alliance Project — is fighting to ensure wireless internet access and against police surveillance for Philly’s under-resourced communities.
Supporting Black-owned businesses in Delaware just got a little easier. Newark graphic designer Annie Estes just launched bold social media graphics featuring Quinn’s list of Black-owned businesses in the categories of food, shopping, services “& more.”
- No slowing down here. Center City-based fintech startup, Perpay, keeps pumping out the new jobs:
- The Philadelphia Inquirer is looking for two people who are, like, really good with the words and stuff:
- Over at 400 Market St., adtech startup Vistar Media has got a fever, and the only prescription is more engineers:
- Penn Mutual has a few openings for:
- NeuroFlow — the digital health company — is looking for a Director of People who is experienced with teams in a hyper growth stage. Think more like, a team that’s expanding rapidly, vs. a park filling up with toddlers on a sugar high.
- The leader in smart apartments for multifamily, STRATIS IoT in East Falls is looking for two smart technologists:
Some remote jobs for ya:
- Shogun Labs is on the lookout for a Remote Senior Frontend Developer.
- ElationLogic seeks a Remote Senior Front End Developer.
- Prezly is hiring a Remote Marketing Developer.
We know there is a lot on your minds right now, friends. Thank you for joining us this week.
Happy job hunting, and please stay safe out there.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.