Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
(Pumpkin) Patch Yourself Up
Fall is finally upon us. And with the leaves set to change color and fall soon, there are plenty of farms around Maryland ready to celebrate this spooky season with pumpkin patches, corn mazes and more.
The only thing spookier than getting lost in a huge corn maze is job hunting. But just like getting lost in a maze, the important thing to remember is to never stop searching.
There’s something exciting waiting for you. You just need to stay persistent and find it (and watch out for ghosts).
UMBC is leading a new institute that’s analyzing data on melting polar ice in order to understand the effects on sea levels and help communities prepare for potential hazards.
DC advocacy organization Black Women’s Health Imperative recently launched its Workplace Equity Initiative, which is focused on removing racism from the workplace and improving Black women’s health and wellness.
Check out a roundup of upcoming Baltimore tech events, including pitch nights, virtual meetups and conferences.
College Park check: IonQ is set to make its public trading debut. Here’s a look at the quantum computing company’s 2021 highlights.
- Stardog is searching for a Senior Software Engineer.
- Advertising management company Mediavine is hiring a Full Stack Engineer.
- Aquicore is bringing on a Senior Software Engineer.
- Business services firm 14 West is seeking to hire a Network Engineer.
- cloudtamer.io is searching for a Full Stack Engineer.
- Axios is looking for a Senior Data Scientist.
- Appian needs an Enterprise Platform Engineer.
- Walmart is searching for a Senior Software Engineer.
- Crossbeam is hiring a Site Reliability Engineer.
- Allied Outdoor Solutions is seeking a Remote Java Software Engineer.
- Azavea needs a Software Engineer.
I’ll catch you next week.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.