Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Restaurant Week is Here!
If variety is the spice of life, then we should consider Baltimore Restaurant Week as the Old Bay of Maryland’s entire existence. For the record, I’ve never understood why it’s referred to as “Restaurant Week” when it’s longer than a week, but I digress.
The annual celebration features eateries all around central Maryland offering prix-fixe multi-course menus. It’s always great to have a variety of options … whether it’s selecting where to eat or choosing what to include on a resume.
You may not be able to offer an employer an extravagant three-course meal during your interview (trust me, I tried), but you can build your resume to give them a bunch of reasons to hire you. Don’t limit yourself, but be careful not to overdo it.
Give prospective employers a tasting menu of your background. Each item may be portioned small, but each bite will be delicious and memorable.
Now, let’s look at some news.
Following a year of rapid growth, Baltimore digital health company b.well Connected Health announced that it raised $32 million in its most recent funding round.
Micromobility company Lime introduced a discount for escooter trips east of the river in an effort to increase access to its transportation services.
Check out the trio of Baltimore organizations that were awarded grants from the Society for Science, totaling $10,000.
Amazon recently opened its second tech-heavy grocery store in D.C., featuring technology that greatly expedites checkout.
- Does using real-time data to assess risk intrigue you? Join Dataminr as a Senior Front End Software Engineer.
- EVERFI is seeking to hire a Product Manager for its Early Literacy services.
- Optoro is looking for a Senior Quality Engineer.
- The Frederick County Government is on the lookout for a Software Integrator.
- EVAPCO is hiring a Software Engineer.
- Can’t get enough of numbers? Join Mathematica as a Senior Data Scientist.
- Redjack is looking to hire a Rust Software Engineer.
- Axios is seeking a Senior Software Engineer.
- Put your ML expertise to the test! Interos is searching for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer.
- Charlottesville’s Department of Information Technology is searching for a Software Engineer.
- Crossbeam is hiring a Senior Front End Engineer.
- Linode is seeking a Network Engineering Manager.
- Cloud governance software provider cloudtamer.io is looking for a Senior Software Engineer.
Remember to spice up your resume. Resist doing so with Old Bay though.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.