Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
Well, we didn’t have the big fireworks show at Point Park this year, but look at it this way: We also didn’t have to travel far to be dazzled. It was a panoply of do-it-yourself displays over the weekend, and while there was some collateral damage (sorry, dogs’ nerves and this tree), it’s the kind of take-matters-into-your-own-hands spirit that we like to celebrate in the entrepreneurial world.
So take matters into your own hands — don’t wait for the professional show downtown! Opportunity is at your doorstep, and below in the jobs section.
Curious about some of the thriving startups making Pittsburgh home? Technical.ly goes into the story of Abridge, and how its app is taking on the telemedicine experience. The company also has its own Culture Page at Technical.ly, which provides stats and workplace info — not to mention our favorite: job openings.
For anyone looking for a little primer on remote job interviews, Tech Elevator’s career counselor offers some good tips in this profile.
ICYMI: San Diego-based software firm Mindera announced plans to open an office location in Pittsburgh. The company hasn’t provided a lot of details yet, other than that the new digs will be focused on R&D near the campus of Carnegie Mellon University (check out its local job openings here).
The Local Jobs
- Help get the word out about Optimus Technologies’ biodiesel fuel as the company’s new Marketing Associate.
- Staffing firm Kforce is looking to hook up a local company with a new Enterprise Data Architect.
- Pyramid Consulting Group is searching for a Scrum Master on a contract-to-hire basis.
- Mobile-focused DMI is hoping to add a new Senior Cloud/DevOps Engineer to its Pittsburgh team.
- It’s all about 3D at nuTonomy, which is looking for a Software Engineer to help build its AV technology.
- If you’re looking for something on the UI side, Clarivate Analytics is hiring for a UI Engineer.
- Attention, Apple Certified Mac Technicians: Duolingo needs an IT Technician to fix both some hardware and software kinks.
- Going up? Zoom is hiring an Escalation Engineer.
- Niche is trying to find the perfect fit as its next Product Manager.
- On the UX side, Shift Collaborative is looking for a Front-end Web Developer.
- Get experimental at Carnegie Mellon University as the Software Engineering Institute’s next Machine Learning Research Scientist.
The Remote Jobs
- Kodable is hiring a Remote Senior Web Developer, who will help develop teaching tools for kids to learn coding.
- Get in the ecommerce game with Space 48 as its newest Remote Frontend Developer.
- DIGARC’s Scrum team wants an Angular 2 expert to fill its Remote Senior Software Engineer position.
That’s it for this week. Next week TWIJ will be back with a whole new set of jobs, as always.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time. See you next week.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.