Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
In the many remembrances of the actor Chadwick Boseman, who passed away Friday, one power he held was the ability to make heroic characters feel real. In a world that can feel filled with Walter White- and Tony Soprano-style antiheroes, Boseman’s work is a reminder that valor isn’t the stuff of fairy tales.
So shake off the haters and the what-ifs and get your proverbial vibranium suit on. We got some news from our Technical.ly reporters about how the world is still opening up in many ways, and we got tons of new opportunities for you to go forth with.
As part of Civic Tech Month, Technical.ly is devoting some of its reporting this month to how the tech world as we know it, is changing the way government does business, from 311 apps to online voter registration. Follow along with our coverage and reach out with story ideas here.
Find out how Pittsburgh institutions are developing a workforce to meet the demand of the city’s booming tech economy, Technical.ly’s latest on the Pittsburgh scene. Check it out and you may discover a new pathway to your next career move.
Get yourself something nice, because a survey from Upwork published last week estimates that the surge in people working from home has produced a $90-billion economic benefit.
The Local Jobs
- PNC is looking for an Accessibility Engineer to make sure its services are available to everyone.
- Allegheny HealthChoices is trying to nab a standout for its Business Intelligence Systems Developer position.
- There’s an opening for a Senior Software Engineer in Site Reliability Engineering at Philips.
- Apple is hiring its next AI/Ml Engineering Manager for Siri Health.
- Show the nonprofit world how it’s done as Executive Director at STEM Coding Lab, Inc.
- CapSen Robotics has a couple openings including one for a Robot Field Application Engineer.
- CivicScience is scoping out the labor market for a data-centric Account Supervisor.
- Zoom has many openings still in Pittsburgh, including a Web DevOps Engineer.
- Become a Software Support Specialist at Salsa Labs , which produces fundraising tools for nonprofits.
- Immunetrics is on the hunt for a Software Engineer.
- JazzHR is looking for a UI-minded Software Engineer of its own.
- IQ Inc. has an immediate opening for a QA Test Engineer. Get it while it’s hot.
- If you got some Hadoop notches on your belt, check out CGI’s open Machine Learning Engineer position.
- All right managers, Qintel is hiring for its next Director of Engineering.
The Remote Jobs
- CrowdStrike is looking for a Remote Software Engineer in cloud security.
- Trellis needs a Remote Shopify App Developer.
- GrammaTech wants a Remote Senior Software Quality Engineer.
That brings our hero’s journey to an end. Stay tuned for next week’s TWIJ, which will have a whole new set of jobs, as always.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time. See you next week.