(Image via IFC.com)
Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge” — here at Technical.ly HQ). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published on the site; it’s meant to live in your inbox.
Thanks for pranks
Odds are that if you work in tech, dear Grammy and Pop Pop have a fairly minimal understanding of what you actually do. So this Thanksgiving, why not have fun with it?
At dinner, whisper into your Apple Watch every thirty minutes and tell them you’re just making sure the robots aren’t angry that you’re gone. While waiting for pie, pull up some code on your GitHub account, shake your head and groan things like, “Uh oh. Oh man, this is bad. If anyone asks, I was never here.”
Really have fun with it. Get creative! It could make for a great story during your next interview. Speaking of which, get your job hunt on with this week’s latest openings!
In an effort to dive into Philly’s pool of top-notch talent, cloud-based marketing platform Listrak is opening a new hub in Wayne. The company — which serves some seriously swanky brands like Oscar de la Renta and Goop — employs a staff of 300 between its HQ in Lititz, Pa. and Newport Beach, Ca. Did you catch that? Gwyneth Paltrow has given this company her business. That’s basically the ecommerce equivalent of being kissed on the forehead by the pope. Listrak plans to hire 25 more to work out of the new Wayne location. Check out the jobs here.
Guess who thinks the current job hunting process sucks? Everyone. In response to the sad, helpless feeling one gets when tossing that painstakingly crafted résumé into a digital black hole, Technical.ly has whipped up a new career navigation approach, our “Technical.ly Match beta.” It’s a double opt-in placement service — both employers and job hunters must be game for matchmaking — with nary a recruiter in sight. Opt-in and have an actual, real life person match you with a job or candidate that checks all the right boxes. Jobseekers, sign up here and employers, head this way.
Calling all engineers:
- Fintech startup Perpay seeks an E-Commerce Software Engineer: Magento/PHP/Python. Looking for pros that believe in Agile methodologies. Also, and ever-so-slightly more importantly, those who actually know how to execute them.
- Healthtech company Blackfynn is hiring a Full Stack Engineer who’s fluent in Scala and Python and ready to make an impact on the healthcare industry.
- Accolade, the personalized health and benefits solution, is looking for a Senior Data Engineer with seven-plus years software dev experience and expertise in relational data modeling.
Sales execs, come knock on these doors:
- IntegriChain seeks a Sales Executive: Life Sciences, Emerging Pharma to bring in new business to the healthtech firm. Liquid bonus: an ever-stocked fridge of La Croix.
- Deacom is hiring an Inside Sales Executive: Enterprise Software to rock sales at its picturesque Chesterbrook campus. Training included. No word on its La Croix situation.
UX and product designers, take a looksie:
- Custom software builder PromptWorks is looking for a UX Designer. Word on the street is that they’re looking for someone fun-loving and hungry to learn.
- Chatham Financial is also hiring a User Experience Designer with a minimum of three years experience and familiarity with rapid prototyping concepts.
- Perpay is hiring a Product Designer to map out cool features for its mobile and desktop experiences.
- Director of Information Technology Services, The Barnes Foundation
- Product Manager — Internal Sales Tools, Inspire
- Technical.ly Managing Editor, Technically Media
- Makerspace Coordinator, Bryn Mawr College
- Computer Programmer, Haverford College
Thanks for joining us this week, folks! Have a happy, healthy holiday, and please, feel free to share any dinnertime tech pranks that worked for you. Sharing is caring.
Happy job hunting!-30-
This Week in Jobs: Nothin’ to do but apply for jobs
How do you create a job that doesn’t exist?
This Week in Jobs: Purrfect gigs for senior-level pros
How Macquarie blends tech-fueled financial services with global opportunity
5 ways to ensure your employees have a clear career path inside your company
Power Moves: Meet Technical.ly Philly’s new reporter and Guru’s new exec
This Week in Jobs: Hearing ‘new jobs’ is music to our ears
This apprenticeship program is opening the door for candidates with nontraditional backgrounds
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia